Honored Contributor

Several items on my wishlist just went up in price!

Just an FYI...I counted 12 on my wishlist. They went up an average of $3-$5 ahead of the changeover to a new day/midnight EST.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Several items on my wishlist just went up in price!

Same thing on my wish list! I wonder if that means there is going to be a free shipping day soon?
Esteemed Contributor

I do not understand QVC's  pricing.  When department stores mark down items they generally get marked down further if they don't sell, not increase in price.  The Q's pricing is all over the place.  Items that are marked down can increase in price.  I understand One Day Only and LTS offers, but not general pricing.

Valued Contributor

I noticed the same thing on my wish list. The good thing is that it's just a wish list and I'll wait for the prices to come down again

Esteemed Contributor

I was going to say the exact same thing! I was ready to buy a coat I had on my wish list for some time, and as soon as I saw it went up $5.00, I eliminated it! It was expensive enough as it was, now this! I'm sorry, but that's not a way to drum up more sales! Nope! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Steffdoggy10 wrote:
Same thing on my wish list! I wonder if that means there is going to be a free shipping day soon?

if they did, it would be a wash..... The price went up by five dollars, and the shipping is five dollars. I can't even imagine why at this point they would raise prices on so many of their items when people are saying it's too expensive to begin with. I wonder what genius came up with that idea?

Esteemed Contributor

@Effie54 it's a ridiculous thing that QVC does. Raise the price then offer free shipping. 

It's the same way as they ruined the "buying multiples" since the shipping fee offsets the savings.

Esteemed Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

@Effie54 it's a ridiculous thing that QVC does. Raise the price then offer free shipping. 

It's the same way as they ruined the "buying multiples" since the shipping fee offsets the savings.

Yup, agreed. Do they really think people are going to pay the higher price? We are all looking for sales, discounts, and clearance, not for them to raise the prices. That was ridiculous. What I thought was expensive for a cult, is now cost prohibitive. It's not smart thinking on their part. I hope they change it back.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Steffdoggy10   @MandyG06 

I just went back to my wishlist...over 20 now with price increases! I think that is the most I have EVER seen at any given time...say a 24 hour period. 

holy-cow-smiley.gif

And the day is not over yet folks...dahblink.gif

New Contributor

My impression is that this is an across the board price increase including clearance items. The items that I recently purchased and/or viewed went up 4.726% and still included SH and return fees.  The current pricing stategy make even the national brands higher than what can be purchased elsewhere...not a competive purchasing arena.