Contributor

Seven Year Old Lunch Time Special

Just when you think you've seen it all...#6924 Susan Graver 2-piece set marked down to $19.92 with S&H of $7.22. Curious about low item number and checked the review dates...oldest was 7/3/07! That's more than seven years ago. My question is: what rock was this thing burried under in back of the warehouse for the past seven years??? What else do they have molding in a dark corner? Good Grief.

Honored Contributor

Re: Seven Year Old Lunch Time Special

Um, it's vintage?

Honored Contributor

Interesting. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Susan Graver Linen Blend Allover Embroidered Jacket & Pants

There is no video, so who knows what the original price might have been. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Respected Contributor

Original price was probably closer to the $7.22 ship price. Sheesh!

Respected Contributor

This why QVC has to keep raising its prices and padding the shipping costs that QVC customers pay - to cover the cost of carrying all that old, bulky apparel inventory. It has to be stored, counted, and managed. Every square foot of warehouse space comes with an ownership, rent, or lease cost, the cost to maintain the environment (utilities), someone to keep watch on it so no one comes in and steals it (I can hardly believe I'm writing this last one), and insurance to cover the risk of loss from damage, fire or theft (again, laughable that anyone would steal this inventory). And depending upon where the inventory is housed, there may be state business taxes placed upon it.

Respected Contributor

I'm an old lady, & I hate it when posters on these forums use that "old lady" terminology, but, well, um......

Honored Contributor

I have no words for that outfit. What the...Whaaaaat?

I can't even imagine wearing that in 2007. Maybe my mom would have worn it in 1977!

Trusted Contributor

Oh, dear. I'm an "oldish lady" too, and I wouldn't wear that dowdy outfit! Hilarious that they unearthed it from the dark, dank recesses of the warehouse and tried to foist it off as a "lunchtime special" after seven years! One of the 2007 reviews complained about the "huge shoulder pads" even back then! I have a hunch any who bought the lunchtime special are in for a surprise! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Wouldn't you love to visit QVC's warehouse sometime just to see what else they have lost track of way in the back? You'd think they'd learn the value of "clearance" events to clean their stuff out, wouldn't you?

SEVEN years! Yikes.

Frequent Contributor

On 8/5/2014 lolakimono said:

Interesting. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Susan Graver Linen Blend Allover Embroidered Jacket & Pants

There is no video, so who knows what the original price might have been. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

OMG! What IS that? A pajama set or outdoor clothes? Yikes!

Thanks for the picture though!

Trusted Contributor

It reminds me of something a stereotypical Chinese peasant would wear to pull a rickshaw. In a bad 1950's movie.......