Respected Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

I have always been amazed with the phrase "you can wear this to the boardwalk"...    Just how MANY people in this country have one nearby???    

So sorry--even though QVC is a national/international company, it is also based here in PA near Philly, and only an hour and a half from beaches and boardwalks.

And yes, the hosts all live in this area, and that is the way they and all of us enjoy Summer, because we East coast states take ocean access for granted.  

The East coast is also a HUGE shopping market.

I certainly do not wear ranch clothes (cowboy boots, etc.) , although I am sure they are quite popular in other states.

Esteemed Contributor

Don't forget all those hayrides....

Regular Contributor

The other night a host was showing a tote that was about $149.00 and she said it was big enough for her to go pumpkin picking and put the pumpkin in the tote.  Sorry, but I cant imagine putting a dirty pumpkin (or a clean one) in an expensive tote.  A wagon, perhaps.........

Trusted Contributor

Yes, we go to the local boardwalk here on the WEST coast, southern California. I also go to the pumpkin patch every year, especially now that we have grandkids to take. We have a really cool one with Yes, you guessed it, hayrides, corn mazes, food and games. And for apple picking? Yep, but not every year but I do like it and we pick our own strawberries in the strawberry fields of Carlsbad every July. However, what I don't do is wear Denim & Co attire. Just not my style. 

Let the hosts put a fun image in your head just for the fun of it. I see no harm.

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

I have always been amazed with the phrase "you can wear this to the boardwalk"...    Just how MANY people in this country have one nearby???    

They could say "you can wear this to the mall" but there aren't many of those left either.  Probably best to stick to activities - like to the movies, to church, or out to dinner.

Trusted Contributor

I am in a midwestern location where we have corn mazes, a sweet corn festival, apple picking, hayrides, and pumpking fashion.  Our local apple orchard has hayrides, a food store, etc.  Community members enjoy these activities and you can generations in one family partaking.  The corn festivals are great.  They offer activities that are "wholesome" and they are relatively safe. D & Co. clothing is the type that would be perfect for these activities.

Respected Contributor

@cjm61 wrote:

Yes, we go to the local boardwalk here on the WEST coast, southern California.

@cjm61  Where I'm from in SoCal, they called it The Strand.

Trusted Contributor

@cjm61 wrote:

Yes, we go to the local boardwalk here on the WEST coast, southern California. I also go to the pumpkin patch every year, especially now that we have grandkids to take. We have a really cool one with Yes, you guessed it, hayrides, corn mazes, food and games. And for apple picking? Yep, but not every year but I do like it and we pick our own strawberries in the strawberry fields of Carlsbad every July. However, what I don't do is wear Denim & Co attire. Just not my style. 

Let the hosts put a fun image in your head just for the fun of it. I see no harm.

@cjm61  Bates Nut Farm? 

Honored Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

So sorry--even though QVC is a national/international company, it is also based here in PA near Philly, and only an hour and a half from beaches and boardwalks.

And yes, the hosts all live in this area, and that is the way they and all of us enjoy Summer, because we East coast states take ocean access for granted.  

The East coast is also a HUGE shopping market.

I certainly do not wear ranch clothes (cowboy boots, etc.) , although I am sure they are quite popular in other states.

@FancyPhillyshopper   You poor deprived thing with no ranch clothes.  I plan to wear my tees for hog calling out here in the sticks, in my boots.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

We used to get our Christmas trees ar Bates Nut Farm!  Now we go occasionally just for the nuts and little gift shop.  And, it is  likely that I am attired in Denim and Co. while doing so!