Respected Contributor

Re: Seriously, who put this outfit together and thought it looked good?

Cute model, but such an unbecoming look on her.

Models should be dressed to flatter them individually,

both in styles and colors that suit them them best.

Sorry Q, every look, every style just does NOT work for everyone.

-Texas Hill Country-
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Thank you Pink Velvet for putting yourself out there to get bashed.  I agree with you 100% but I've gotten chicken lately after reading some of the opinions of the OPs on here.  I read one yesterday that criticizing a look was criticizing the person who wore it.  Baloney.  Just pretend the styles are on mannequins if you are that sensitive.  Now for this outfit.  I like the sweater, but I would wear it without a belt.  The stylist should have tried it belted at the waist, I'll stay open minded that much.  There is an ad on TV with something as equally frumpy looking.  The belt looks like cheap leather and does not match the underlying dress at all. This is a fashion forum and the point is to discuss fashion.  Lighten up, people.

Honored Contributor

@just bee Agree! This ugly blanket on this pretty woman is a travesty.

Put the blanket back on the horse and give this pretty lady something nice to wear.

Esteemed Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

The whole point of fashion is that we judge the look. This ensemble looks ridiculous.

I thought the point of fashion was to cover and protect our bodies and hopefully, if we can afford it, express ourselves.  (There are some who do not have choices; if we do, it is something we can be thankful for.)  Judging others' looks is wholly unnecessary.  I have no problem with judging the look of garments, but how people style themselves is their business.

Valued Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@AuntG wrote:

The whole point of fashion is that we judge the look. This ensemble looks ridiculous.

I thought the point of fashion was to cover and protect our bodies and hopefully, if we can afford it, express ourselves.  (There are some who do not have choices; if we do, it is something we can be thankful for.)  Judging others' looks is wholly unnecessary.  I have no problem with judging the look of garments, but how people style themselves is their business.

It is their business, however, styling someone for a runway show, fashion show, or catalog is for one purpose only. Not to "cover" the models, but to sell their clothes to the masses. Therefore is the stylist puts together something that looks very unbecoming to those masses, they certainly aren't doing themselves any favors. I can look at a garment on a hangar and think "meh" because I can't picture how it looks styled, but then a professional stylist might put the garment on me with other clothing items or accessories and all of a sudden I see how it can look fabulous,

I don't know why people have to get themselves all wound up about critiqueqing a style. That poor model looks like they threw a blanket on her that was big and bulky and then someone said let's belt it so we take in all that fabric and in the end, it looks awful. 

Honored Contributor

I saw this outfit on the homepage a couple of days ago and thought, hmmmm....

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

This "gaffe" certainly has legs. I think that this is at least the third thread on the topic.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

This "gaffe" certainly has legs. I think that this is at least the third thread on the topic.

And it is still in many ways body shaming.  

Honored Contributor

Yes, how many threads do we need on this subjecy, all saying basically the same things?  It's  not important enough to warrant three (at least) threads.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment