Respected Contributor

Re: Serengeti Has Caftans Marked Down!

@Mz iMac  I like your little dancer. If you can still do the moves,

dancing is fun exercise. I have to make myself move more. In the 70's I taught aerobics and did yoga, can't do any of that now, with

painful knees.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CatsyCline  I just looked up some of the 80's clubs. The one I went to in Cambridge was Faces. The one in Kenmore Sq. was Narcissus, my Prince look-alike and I would go there. That place was great. It was Jason's in Boston, not Jonathan's. Jonathan's was in Salem. There was a small club in Ipswich called The Banyan Club and I only went there once or twice.

My daughter liked going to The Rat and ManRay which was across the street from The Middle East.

Respected Contributor

@Enufstuff   yes, a North Shore gal ... omg i went to ManRay a few times in around '92/'93. oh what a trip!     i took a boyfriend there once; he couldnt handle it and we had to leave.  The Roxy in the '90s was in the theatre district - on Tremont. it had been an Opera House - had a stage and several levels of dance floors. oh it was wonderful. could dance for hours. 

Oh! How could i forget the Palace?  in the '80's i was married,  lived in a 2- family in Medford and my inlaws lived upstairs. My BIL was the same age as me and single then and he would tan all day on the roof and go clubbing at the Palace.  i think he also went to Faces.   i became single again in the '90s so the Palace may have still been open but idk my GFs we mostly liked The Roxy and then Il Panino in the North End for nightcaps. 

Narcissus was previously Lucifer's, inthe 70's  .  my first night in Boston, after moving all day into my dorm (up on Comm Ave by Exeter) we went there. dancing, drinking white russians on an empty stomach...no bueno.

Respected Contributor

@CatsyCline  My daughter was a Drama Queen and liked going to ManRay on Gay Night with some of her gay friends. She would wear some outrageous outfits, anything for laughs and to amuse her friends.

I was single in the 80's and remarried in 92. I don't know when the Palace closed but in the early 90's new owners took over and it changed. The music was vulgar and offensive and the dress code went by the wayside. No more jackets and ties and the atmosphere unfortunately was turning trashy. Too bad! I never went back there.

How unfortunate that you had the experience of drinking on an empty stomach. I had friends who drank white Russians and

mudslides. My drink was Kahlua sombreros, if I drank at all.

Tonight I took my husband to the Hardcover in Danvers for his

birthday. I had a Kahlua sombrero. That is the only place I get one and theirs are the best. Like a coffee frappe. I have all their drink recipes from when my ex- husband owned a printing business in Beverly, near their Depot Restaurant. He printed their menus and recipes.