Honored Contributor

Re: Serena is back...Fri Apr 22nd TS

@Chi-town girl wrote:

Simple, clean, chic design for these gabardine woven pants. I want all 3 colors - black, navy, driftwood

Serena Williams Stretch Woven Pant with Angled Pockets
469-062
Serena Williams Stretch Woven Pant with Angled Pockets

I really like these.  I'm so hesitant on bottoms though because I have such an issue with gaping waist but the back elastic might solve that.  I'm not a tucker inner so the elastic wouldn't bother me in the least.

I love the narrow leg on these.  I think that looks much better with a summer sandal, wedge, etc. than a bootcut which always ends up stuck between the heel of my foot and the shoe.  LOL     

Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Sunnycorle - I also like the new dresses. I'm not paying $6 per item for s&h, so I want to see what they do for pricing. Really like that safari style vest but not in suede.

I have/wear many of her tops & dresses. Her leggings are awesome - nice fabric & fit. I try to get my fav items from her line on clearance.

@Sunnycorle - you should check out the Matisse Wedge Sandals on Evine, it's a TTV tmrw, launching at 11p ET tonight. What do you think??? @Andreatoo has a thread about the sandals. I think I'm in for the natural/blush color

@Chi-town girl

I bet the Serena Stuff will go free shipping on her visit day.  I was thinking the same thing not spending that much on shipping either.

OHHHH I like the Matisse Sandal and think you are spot on wtih your color choice, that is the best of the bunch.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
The TS is up for pre-sale. Similar 2p dress as last year. Pretty colors.    Serena Williams Maxi Dress with Slub Top $39.95
468-798
Serena Williams Maxi Dress with Slub Top

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

I've ordered a few items from past collections.  Quality was lacking. 

I like Serena and think she's an incredible athlete.  Some of those tennis outfits she wears do her no favors.

Honored Contributor

I'm unsure on the TS.  The top looks incredibly sheer.  You can see right through the top on the models in some of the colors.

I definitely don't like the top over the dress but the sheerness of the top might prevent me from wearing it by itself with a different bottom.  I like the 2-tone color combos on the dresses but they are more casual looking and I'd need to be able to wear this to work.  I was also hoping it was more of a midi length but at 55", it's a true maxi on my 5'4" frame. 

I think this is going to be a pass for me although I like it. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I'm unsure on the TS.  The top looks incredibly sheer.  You can see right through the top on the models in some of the colors.

I definitely don't like the top over the dress but the sheerness of the top might prevent me from wearing it by itself with a different bottom.  I like the 2-tone color combos on the dresses but they are more casual looking and I'd need to be able to wear this to work.  I was also hoping it was more of a midi length but at 55", it's a true maxi on my 5'4" frame. 

I think this is going to be a pass for me although I like it. 

@Lipstickdiva - the price point is good for a TS. For someone new trying out the line, it's attractive. I'm taking a pass. Will look for it on clearance.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl I think I'm in the same boat.  Had they done free s/h, I might have taken a chance right now on it but I'm going to hold off.  I like this better than last year's version.

I'm still debating about getting those pants but man I have a real issue paying $6.21 s/h for them.    

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Chi-town girl I think I'm in the same boat.  Had they done free s/h, I might have taken a chance right now on it but I'm going to hold off.  I like this better than last year's version.

I'm still debating about getting those pants but man I have a real issue paying $6.21 s/h for them.    

@Lipstickdiva - s&h fees are the main reason why I cancel or don't place an order that i intended to place, It's ridiculous when all they do is toss a small lightweight plastic bag containing a top into a larger plastic bag and charge $6+.

Q used to be the worst with s&h fees, now HSN & Evine have the honor. But Q won't pass on the value, they just adjust the item price upward so it negates any excitement' or desire to hit 'submit'.

In a way, it's good...less impulse buying for me and def no multiples w/o free s&h or a decent break on item price. That seems to not happen often. I'm buying less at hsn & evine b/c their s&h fees are ridiculous and less at Q b/c their item pricing has become non competitive. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Lipstickdiva

Their s/h makes me angry! Especially when it's a sale item and the s/h is more than a quarter of the sale price!!

Why on earth would I agree to pay $20 (score!) and then $7.21 to ship it??

Honored Contributor

I purchased last year's TS maxi with overtop.  The material was terribly thin.  I am about 5'3" and the length of the dress was like a full length gown. 

I believe I saw a lady wearing the dress and top. She was wearing a thong and demi bra under it.