Honored Contributor

Re: Serena is back...Fri Apr 22nd TS

[ Edited ]

Thanks for posting.  They are all.....not something I"d ever buy or wear.  

Disappointing thus far...

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:
Serena Williams Sharkbite Hem Dress
469-077
Serena Williams Sharkbite Hem Dress

I adore this color!!!!!!  In this dress and the other one you posted.  Can see myself buying some SW on Friday.  Smiley Happy  thanks for the preview ladybug!

Honored Contributor

A good friend of mine likes her stuff.

I did have my hands on one of Serena's jackets and it seemed to be of good quality and well constructed but this was a couple of years ago with military inspiration...very structured (which I love)

Honored Contributor

I have 2 Serena items and have to say that I have not been happy with the quality.  Actually one cardigan bit the dust awhile ago and the only other item is a sleeveless vest which is O.K. but I think it was WAY overpriced.  On sale I might not have felt it was a bad buy, though.

I usually think that her things look really flimsy when presented.

I like Serena, though.  She's an awesome athlete!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I have many pieces from Serena's collections, more from a few years ago than recently. I have never been disappointed in what I ultimately purchased, but there were a few returns over the years. Just like any line. Some of her items have been and remain favorites of mine.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

I am wearing a Serena top today.  It is the crochet sweater with detachable tank. It is still in inventory but I think the one available now is this year's incarnation.  The one I have is black.  I love it.  I wear it all the time.  It's comfortable, has worn well and washed well.  I love that the tank snaps to the sweater.  

I also bought 2 of the TSV tops from last year that had the solid body and the different color sleeves with the asymetrical hem.  I cannot tell you how often I have worn those tops.  I missed out on this year's version of them.

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

Simple, clean, chic design for these gabardine woven pants. I want all 3 colors - black, navy, driftwood

Serena Williams Stretch Woven Pant with Angled Pockets
469-062

These pants look nice, but too short for me and I would not like the elastic waist in the back. I like this driftwood color as well as the navy and black.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@Snicks1 wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

Simple, clean, chic design for these gabardine woven pants. I want all 3 colors - black, navy, driftwood

469-062

These pants look nice, but too short for me and I would not like the elastic waist in the back. I like this driftwood color as well as the navy and black.

I don't like that there is no flare at all.  I think these look dated on the model.  I liked some of her pieces the first season she displayed her items.  I haven't liked much since.  I don't find them to be flattering on most, and I don't care for the style. 

I liked Twiggy's pieces far more.  I also prefer some of Iman's pieces.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoo wrote:

A good friend of mine likes her stuff.

I did have my hands on one of Serena's jackets and it seemed to be of good quality and well constructed but this was a couple of years ago with military inspiration...very structured (which I love)

I agree Andrea.  Years ago, she had some really nice pieces, and I did like some of her jackets.  She now seems to go more towards these flowly and cheaper-looking items.  It's disappointing as she's obviously talented.

Honored Contributor

@LisaB - I also like the new dresses. I'm not paying $6 per item for s&h, so I want to see what they do for pricing. Really like that safari style vest but not in suede.

I have/wear many of her tops & dresses. Her leggings are awesome - nice fabric & fit. I try to get my fav items from her line on clearance.

@LisaB - you should check out the Matisse Wedge Sandals on Evine, it's a TTV tmrw, launching at 11p ET tonight. What do you think??? @Andreatoo has a thread about the sandals. I think I'm in for the natural/blush color

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri