Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sequin Flower Jackie Cardigan Sweater

@lolakimono 

Similar embellished cardigans were all the rage when I was a young woman in the 60s.

Not so much sequins, but delicate work with bugle beads.  

I had a light tan one with bronze beading in a floral pattern that I often wore for dates.

So lovely...My lifestyle now doesn't require such things, but they are still pretty!

Honored Contributor

Love this sweater, love the old fashioned stitchery like this from years gone by. Love this beigey-ivory w/burgundy beading.

Years ago I'd find sweaters like these at 2nd hand stores. I have a white one right now in fact that I've had for years.

Honored Contributor

That cardigan is very pretty.  I like the first one (vanilla color).

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Years ago somebody sold beautifully embellished cardigan sweaters on the Q that came with button covers that matched the theme of the sweaters. Or maybe you purchased the matching button covers separately. There was a metal back that pulled away from the cover that you slid down over the buttons then clipped down the front of the cover. They were so cute. The embellishments on the sweaters were a combo of embroidered designs w/usually some beading and a touch of sequins. I had a couple of those.

Also from years ago, still in a dresser drawer I have two beautiful pull over sweaters embellished with tasteful sequin designs on the front from a line called Victor Costa also from the Q.

Then going WAY back even further someone sold a line of totally sequined sweaters for awhile. Or maybe it was just the fronts that were totally covered in them.