Esteemed Contributor

Re: Selena Gomez To Be Face Of Coach's Fall Fashion Campaign

I wouldn't care if they used Jack the Ripper.  If I want a Coach bag that I like, I'll buy it anyway.  

Respected Contributor

NativeJax, I don't think she'd have been to rehab a few times if she were simply taking drugs for her lupus. I think the term is "recreational" drugs.

Occasional Contributor

I dont post often, but I had to respond to this. She has mental health issues and has gone into rehab to help with them.  Rehab is not just for illegal drug use.  

Esteemed Contributor

It's all about the number of social media followers a celeb has that determines how bankable they are to any company that is selling something. The idea that she's somehow going to design anything is laughable though...when would she do it...in between stints in rehab or whatever she wants to call it? Every company is looking for another Kanye West-Adidas Yeezy boost shoe success story.

Respected Contributor

Here's an updated story from The NY Times:

Coach

Honored Contributor

I think Coach is going for a younger demographic as their current one is diminishing.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm not sure who she is but why not? I know she is some actress on some TV show that I don't watch... lol

I think people who are supposedly celebs are not the best choices. I'd rather they pick someone not known to us. 

Esteemed Contributor

I like Coach and Selena.  I don't mind if Coach wants to attract a younger demographic as long as their quality and designs are good.

Honored Contributor

I will admit that my original reaction was negative but after some thought I think they're trying to recapture the aspirational aspect of Coach as well as tapping into a future customer base. I know it was something I wanted when I was in my twenties even if I couldn't afford it or was willing to spend my money on it