Honored Contributor

Re: Seersucker & long sleeves???

@coco14 There are actually some relatively pleasant, laid back, relaxed posts here.

Try TV & MOVIES, GARDEN, KITCHEN, RECIPES......

Somehow those topics usually don't attract the kind of violence that rolled sleeves can engender.

Respected Contributor

I thought the whole idea of seersucker was that you could do long sleeves even in the hotest weather.  Like seersucker suits on southern lawyers  Man Very Happy.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

I said on another thread and I will repeat...I think Q should offer choice of sleeve length in many of ithe tops.I hear people like a variety of lengths for a variety of reasons.

Respected Contributor

And if it was a seersucker tank, you would be complaining because retirees shouldn't expose their arms. 

Always something to complain about...

Valued Contributor

Living at 7000 ft., the sun's heat and exposure to my skin is brutal.  I need to cover my arms and be cool at the same time.  Denim & Co has a thin-striped seersucker shirt that keeps me cool.  I bought several last year.

A275871   

Trusted Contributor

@151949 wrote:

Why would you make a big shirt from THE quintessential summer lightweight,cool fabric - seersucker - then make it long sleeved? 

But don't you think a big shirt should have long sleeves?  Gentlemen in the southern and west high country wear seersucker because it creates passageways for air between your skin and the garment.  Ideal really for protection from the scorching sun and the intense heat.  That's why seersucker jackets are never lined .  Joan wore her big shirts as a jacket alternative.  

I I have multiples of D& Co long sleeve seersucker, menswear collared, long sleeve shirts.  They're perfect for the high desert .  But I wish there were a more sophisticated, polished version for work or dining.

I do agree that a camp shirt would be nice too. Would love a blouse, not a shirt, with short sleeves.

Trusted Contributor

@coco14 wrote:

This is going to be my last post on the QVC site, because I can not stand how the least little thing becomes a duel of words.  Even some of the Book Club posts show one poster trying to outdo the other.

Long sleeve seersucker?  Causes a headine of three question marks?  Why?  If you don't like it, don't buy it!

Yes,everyone is entitled to their opinion - the usual retort - but every opinion does not have to be expressed.

Sloppy, not sloppy, how dare QVC offer a seersucker shirt in long sleeves - on and on and on -

Diid any one  ever see businessmen and women in their seersucker suits in the summertime?  With long sleeves?  But, who cares!

@coco14

When one talks to themselves, one can steer the conversation to suit one's fancy. Talking to someone else is bound to elicit discord.  But, that's why your input is valuable.  Why not stay and converse ?  Expressing one's opinion is not necessarily being a hater.  Even your angry response gives pause for thought.

Honored Contributor

@cookie16 wrote:

I have received catalogs from Woman Within but never ordered. Do you find sizing similar to qvc and what about quality?   Would you think an xl or 1x here would be comparable?  I do like seersucker for summer.  Thanks for info.

No - the3 sizing is completely different from QVC - you need to look at the size chart in the catalog.

Honored Contributor

This plus when you do go inside in the air conditioning, I freeze.    I used to own a seersucker big shirt years ago, it was so light but gave the right amount of coverage indoors or out.

@SahmIam wrote:

Because some of us wear long sleeves due to sun exposure issues. Seersucker is cool yet long sleeves over protection.

I am the woman on the beach with the long pants, long sleeves, big hat, sunglasses and huge umbrella. I've worn gloves a few times. If I could find shoes that the sand wouldn't destroy, I'd wear them to too while on the beach.

You just never know what the needs of others may be.

Honored Contributor

Oh honey don't go away mad, hang around and enjoy the drama!

This ain't NOTHING!

@coco14 wrote:

This is going to be my last post on the QVC site, because I can not stand how the least little thing becomes a duel of words.  Even some of the Book Club posts show one poster trying to outdo the other.

Long sleeve seersucker?  Causes a headine of three question marks?  Why?  If you don't like it, don't buy it!

Yes,everyone is entitled to their opinion - the usual retort - but every opinion does not have to be expressed.

Sloppy, not sloppy, how dare QVC offer a seersucker shirt in long sleeves - on and on and on -

Diid any one  ever see businessmen and women in their seersucker suits in the summertime?  With long sleeves?  But, who cares!