Honored Contributor

Seersucker & long sleeves???

Why would you make a big shirt from THE quintessential summer lightweight,cool fabric - seersucker - then make it long sleeved? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Seersucker & long sleeves???

I can get a SHORT SLEEVE seersucker camp shirt at Blair or Woman Within for $25 - and that will be where I'll be buying them. I wonder who does the buying for QVC? This seems like normal common sense to me - summer fabric - short or at least 3/4 sleeve.

Honored Contributor

I love the camp shirts from Woman Within, they are well made and reasonable.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Here's why.........many of us love long sleeves so we can roll them up a couple of folds.I have several from years ago from Susan G and wear them every summer.  Wish I could find more - but wouldn't buy this new Joan R's because of the print and colors.  These are awful - I'd give my opinion but might offend some. And the price!   Not worth more than $32 (max)

Respected Contributor

I like long sleeved seersucker shirts because I like to roll the sleeves up...it is a flattering look on me.  I'm considering the new QF shirt...pretty colors.

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Here's why.........many of us love long sleeves so we can roll them up a couple of folds.I have several from years ago from Susan G and wear them every summer.  Wish I could find more - but wouldn't buy this new Joan R's because of the print and colors.  These are awful - I'd give my opinion but might offend some. And the price!   Not worth more than $32 (max)

I think rolling up sleeves looks sloppy and I don't like the way they feel - it irritates me all day long! And you really can't roll up a long sleeve to be any higher than 3/4.

Honored Contributor

Because some of us wear long sleeves due to sun exposure issues. Seersucker is cool yet long sleeves over protection.

I am the woman on the beach with the long pants, long sleeves, big hat, sunglasses and huge umbrella. I've worn gloves a few times. If I could find shoes that the sand wouldn't destroy, I'd wear them to too while on the beach.

You just never know what the needs of others may be.

Valued Contributor

This is going to be my last post on the QVC site, because I can not stand how the least little thing becomes a duel of words.  Even some of the Book Club posts show one poster trying to outdo the other.

Long sleeve seersucker?  Causes a headine of three question marks?  Why?  If you don't like it, don't buy it!

Yes,everyone is entitled to their opinion - the usual retort - but every opinion does not have to be expressed.

Sloppy, not sloppy, how dare QVC offer a seersucker shirt in long sleeves - on and on and on -

Diid any one  ever see businessmen and women in their seersucker suits in the summertime?  With long sleeves?  But, who cares!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have the (A253761) older version, long sleeve Joan Rivers seersucker shirt (not plaid) and love it!  I'm cold natured and can easily roll the sleeve up past my elbow and use the button tab to fasten.  I like the look on me.  I also like the ability to roll the sleeve down, when the air conditioning is blasting in public buildings.  I wore the navy striped shirt just this week. 

Super Contributor

I have received catalogs from Woman Within but never ordered. Do you find sizing similar to qvc and what about quality?   Would you think an xl or 1x here would be comparable?  I do like seersucker for summer.  Thanks for info.