Frequent Contributor

Re: Seen Enough Shoulders to Last a Life Time

This shoulder style is ugly to me and tasteless.   I think it's just a fad and won't last long.   

Honored Contributor

I'm assuming that you feel the same way about tanks & sleeveless tops too.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh goody.  It's the weekly cold-shoulder thread.  I know the OP said not to take is seriously but some of the subsequent comments are the same ole same ole.   This thread is going to turn into nothing more than the same opinions about cold-shoulder items.

I don't find anything tasteless about wearing a cold-shoulder but I find some of the comments about them tasteless.   

Once again, if you don't like the look, don't wear it.   

Respected Contributor

We attended a Senior dinner last night at a banquet hall.  Many women had on sleeveless, cold shoulder, split sleeve and various other fashions.

There's nothing tasteless about any of those fashions. 

If you don't like it or don't look good in it, wear what you want.   There might be someone complaining about your outfit too. 

Trusted Contributor

To me, this is no different than turtlenecks, vee necks, short sleeves, skorts etc. Maybe the cold shoulder will become a classic if enough women embrace them. No rhyme or reason.  

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Oh goody.  It's the weekly cold-shoulder thread.  I know the OP said not to take is seriously but some of the subsequent comments are the same ole same ole.   This thread is going to turn into nothing more than the same opinions about cold-shoulder items.

I don't find anything tasteless about wearing a cold-shoulder but I find some of the comments about them tasteless.   

Once again, if you don't like the look, don't wear it.   

By golly, I think the cold shoulder complaints have (almost) surpassed the weekly/daily "I hate LOGO" threads!

It's comical when the complaints are "everyone was wearing" it.....ummmm, yeah, that's why they are called trends!

~~~ So many handbags....so few hands ~~~

Valued Contributor

I don't see me wearing this look but you never know.  I tried one on the other day and didn't realize it was and liked the top but didn't care for the slits.  You couldn't really tell it too much on that top.

Respected Contributor

Well it's obvious by your thread title and post that you are "complaining." It's fine if you don't like them, but let's not pretend this was just a light-hearted post and wasn't meant to invite bashing of the cold/slit/open shoulder style. Anyway, have fun rehashing this topic. See you next week? Smiley Very Happy

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Respected Contributor

@IlliniGirl88 If you turn it into a drinking game, remember to choose a designated driver before starting Smiley Happy .

OP is correct there is a lot.

Like any fashion item the cut & fit are so important to the result on wearer. I have seen results that run the gamut.

I always thought this is a forum for discussion of fashion. I have not seen any rude comments , just opinions expressed.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@151949 wrote:

Well, I guess everyone had on a new top! It seems you can hardly buy a top anymore that isn't either sleeveless or a cold shoulder.

ABSOLUTELY AND I HATE IT.  I never like to use that 4-letter word, but I want clothing I can wear.  I am not going to wear that to any of my political/civic luncheons or meetings and especially not to church meetings.  I want "decent" clothing.  My churches, my clubs and townhall/civic meetings are not speakeasies.