Honored Contributor

I was in a major dept store today in the misses denim dept.  Most of the vendors are sending in KNEE length denim shorts!  I was surprised at the length!  I saw very few capris.  Of course, it IS only the first week of March but it was way more than usual!

Has anyone noticed their denim department?

Honored Contributor

On me, knee length or Bermuda shorts become capris, hitting just below the knee.  If I want short length, I have to roll them up or I could hem them. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624Have you seen a lot out where you live?  They had way more than usual.

Respected Contributor

This has definitely been a trend in my area for the past two or three years.  I don't know if they call they walking shorts or Bermudas but they are quite popular around these parts.  I like ankle, crop and these new shorts that hit right at the middle of my knee.  I purchased several pairs last year.  Some were in denim and others were poly, cotton, rayon blends with a touch of stretch.  Some were loose fitting and others were skimmers. 

Honored Contributor

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

This has definitely been a trend in my area for the past two or three years.  I don't know if they call they walking shorts or Bermudas but they are quite popular around these parts.  I like ankle, crop and these new shorts that hit right at the middle of my knee.  I purchased several pairs last year.  Some were in denim and others were poly, cotton, rayon blends with a touch of stretch.  Some were loose fitting and others were skimmers. 

@KentuckyWoman,I'll do below knee, but definately not in the middle!  Since I'm only 5' 6" sometimes I can find them.  In the summer, if I'm on the deck, it's fully shaded.  The house is air conditioned, so I wear light weight jeans.  I'd freeze to death!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG

I haven't seen more than usual, but I don't look for them...my days of wearing shorts or Bermudas are, sadly, over!

Image result for crying baby

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

I wear cuffed denim shorts that are above the knee, and capris that are a few inches below knee-length. I haven't been looking at shorts yet this season, but l imagine that knee-length ones would be most unflattering.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

Never went out of style in my neck of the woods.  I live in a state that has hundreds of "shore" communities. 

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

On me, knee length or Bermuda shorts become capris, hitting just below the knee.  If I want short length, I have to roll them up or I could hem them. 

@Kachina624     Me, too!     (And then when I go to "hem"........the Kitty becomes excited over the thread......sits on my lap and bats at it.   Fun for Kitty.....not so much for Mother Cat...)

♥Surface of the Sun♥