Respected Contributor

Re: See You in September Wearing Linea!

On 9/5/2014 Lyn08 said:

Still nursing my ankle, but it seems better (some slight bruising and swelling still). I'm wearing the Linea crop leggings in brown with a Chico's tribal print short-sleeve top in shades of cream and brown. It's surprising how many of my Chico's tops (that I've had for a long time) can be worn with Linea bottoms.

Linea by Louis DellOlio Knit Pull-On Crop Leggings

Lyn, I hope your ankle continues to heal...

It's starting to cool a bit in my neck of the woods, but I won't break out fall clothes for another week or more. Today is "daughter day" and we're headed out for lunch & shopping. I'm wearing my Linea navy WK short-sleeve top and Linea white jeans jacket over a long navy/white ikat print cotton knit (TJ Maxx) skirt. Linea fish pendant in gold; gold hoop earrings. Sam Edelman gold t-strap sandals. Navy patent D&B tote.

Respected Contributor

On 9/6/2014 GraceCO said:
On 9/5/2014 Lyn08 said:

Still nursing my ankle, but it seems better (some slight bruising and swelling still). I'm wearing the Linea crop leggings in brown with a Chico's tribal print short-sleeve top in shades of cream and brown. It's surprising how many of my Chico's tops (that I've had for a long time) can be worn with Linea bottoms.

It's starting to cool a bit in my neck of the woods, but I won't break out fall clothes for another week or more. Today is "daughter day" and we're headed out for lunch & shopping. I'm wearing my Linea navy WK short-sleeve top and Linea white jeans jacket over a long navy/white ikat print cotton knit (TJ Maxx) skirt. Linea fish pendant in gold; gold hoop earrings. Sam Edelman gold t-strap sandals. Navy patent D&B tote.

Hi Grace! Thanks for asking about my ankle. It seems better today -- doesn't hurt as much, less bruising and swelling. Just taking it easy.

Yesterday, I made a sour cream coffee cake, to use up the 1 cup sour cream I had in the frig. I haven't eaten any yet, but I gave some to my friend who lives across the hall. She said it was "delicious". I got the recipe (very simple) many years ago from another friend. I won an anniversary Nordic Ware bundt cake pan from a drawing at our state fair this year.

Don't you love the Linea fish pendant? I have both the silver and the gold.

Today, I'm wearing the brown crop leggings again with another Chico's top, Bixby necklace and MOP charm enhancer and stone earrings that my cousin made for me.

I'm still feeling bad about Joan Rivers. I bought two bee pins from QVC to wear in honor of Joan. I notice many of the bee pins are already sold out. There are almost 500 Joan Rivers items in inventory. I wonder if in time David Dangle will take over for Joan to present her items on air (like Angel has done for Jeanne Bice)?

Respected Contributor

On 9/6/2014 Lyn08 said:
On 9/6/2014 GraceCO said:
On 9/5/2014 Lyn08 said:

Hi Grace! Thanks for asking about my ankle. It seems better today -- doesn't hurt as much, less bruising and swelling. Just taking it easy.

Yesterday, I made a sour cream coffee cake, to use up the 1 cup sour cream I had in the frig. I haven't eaten any yet, but I gave some to my friend who lives across the hall. She said it was "delicious". I got the recipe (very simple) many years ago from another friend. I won an anniversary Nordic Ware bundt cake pan from a drawing at our state fair this year.

Don't you love the Linea fish pendant? I have both the silver and the gold.

Today, I'm wearing the brown crop leggings again with another Chico's top, Bixby necklace and MOP charm enhancer and stone earrings that my cousin made for me.

I'm still feeling bad about Joan Rivers. I bought two bee pins from QVC to wear in honor of Joan. I notice many of the bee pins are already sold out. There are almost 500 Joan Rivers items in inventory. I wonder if in time David Dangle will take over for Joan to present her items on air (like Angel has done for Jeanne Bice)?

Lyn, that sour cream coffee cake sounds so good right now! I love simple, especially in the kitchen. Would you share your recipe? My daughter is the real baker in the family and the fall is her favorite time of year to do it. We enjoyed her French fruit tarts all summer long and I have an extra 8 pounds to prove itSmiley Happy

Yes, I love my gold fish--lucky you to have the silver one, too.

I think a lot of people are feeling bad about Joan, myself included. I have her sunflower bee and I think it's so sweet the QVC community has turned out wearing pins in her honor. I think they've been positioning David Dangle all along to take over for Joan. I bet QVC does a memorial pin in her honor.

Take it easy with your ankle and have a great Saturday, Lyn.

Honored Contributor

Chilly couple of days but we will be back into the 80's tomorrow. Heading out for a casual lunch with a stop at Goodwill - two bags of mostly Linea and sack of HH hangers. Slowly getting things cleaned out. Next I need to purge a few pairs of shoes to fit in the new shoes I bought!

LDO raspberry tortoise zip jacket, Posh knit V-neck in raspberry, black jeans, black herringbone ballet flats (Van Eli), black hobo bag, watch with black leather band, LDO black wedge bracelet, large white gold hoops (Costco), tricolor rings.

Honored Contributor

Wearing the seafoam short sleeved top with the Erika mushroom capri pants and my Naturalizer black Tanner sandals.

Wearing from 1928 jewelry Co. the Aberdeen Green earrings and pendant (they match the pendant pictured).

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Super Contributor

After wearing LDO faux crepe placement print skirt and top with sandals yesterday, and absolutelyl freezng, I've giving myself over to fall!

LDO s/s waist whittling WK in black, Ralph Lauren gold exposed zip front sweater jacket, Ellen Tracy ponte 24" skirt, black tights and Joan and David pointy toe shoes. LDO gold Chubby hoops in gold.

Warmer today, thank goodness. I actually had my heating pad on my feet yesterday.

481 days until I leave for Texas!!!

Respected Contributor

On 9/9/2014 DiAnne said:

Chilly couple of days but we will be back into the 80's tomorrow. Heading out for a casual lunch with a stop at Goodwill - two bags of mostly Linea and sack of HH hangers. Slowly getting things cleaned out. Next I need to purge a few pairs of shoes to fit in the new shoes I bought!

LDO raspberry tortoise zip jacket, Posh knit V-neck in raspberry, black jeans, black herringbone ballet flats (Van Eli), black hobo bag, watch with black leather band, LDO black wedge bracelet, large white gold hoops (Costco), tricolor rings.

DiAnne, I also went to Goodwill today with two bags of clothing containing 44 items---a few Linea pieces were in there, as well. I still have more clothing to unload, maybe some shoes and handbags, too.

I wore my Linea Ponte Knot Drawstring Skirt in Nectarine, Wk Short Sleeve V-neck Tee in Navy from the Two-fer pack. Linea White Denim Jacket (not Fall to 9.20).

I added a chunky bead necklace that I bought in Johannesburg last year that had some nectarine beads in it, gold earrings.

Linea by Louis DellOlio Drawstring Ponte Knit Skirt w/Pockets

Linea by Louis DellOlio Set of 2 Whisper Knit Tank & T-Shirt

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Honored Contributor

On 9/9/2014 Sheesh said:
On 9/9/2014 DiAnne said:

DiAnne, I also went to Goodwill today with two bags of clothing containing 44 items---a few Linea pieces were in there, as well. I still have more clothing to unload, maybe some shoes and handbags, too.

I wore my Linea Ponte Knot Drawstring Skirt in Nectarine, Wk Short Sleeve V-neck Tee in Navy from the Two-fer pack. Linea White Denim Jacket (not Fall to 9.20).

I added a chunky bead necklace that I bought in Johannesburg last year that had some nectarine beads in it, gold earrings.

Linea by Louis DellOlio Drawstring Ponte Knit Skirt w/Pockets

Linea by Louis DellOlio Set of 2 Whisper Knit Tank & T-Shirt

I have been working on this for a couple of years. Trying to really think about my purchases and going more for quality than quantity. My daughter is usually more than willing to clean out my purses but I find it hard to part with shoes as I have a difficult foot to fit. Went through them last week and was only able to get rid of one pair of espadrilles!

No Linea today - just got home from yoga and heading out to work in yard for awhile.

Trusted Contributor

Watching the grandbabies today. Very cool and rainy allowing me to bust out the WK zip front cardigan and matching tank A257380, in black with medium wash straight leg jeans, black Tory Burch flats. Two tone Movado sports watch, Michael Dawkins black spinel bracelet, diamond studs and platinum wedding band. Staying very casual today but still feeling chic in the sweater and very, very comfortable!
Respected Contributor

Note to Grace:

Lyn, that sour cream coffee cake sounds so good right now! I love simple, especially in the kitchen. Would you share your recipe?

I posted the recipe on the other forum for you.

My ankle is better (thanks for asking), and the swelling and bruising have gone down. However, I haven't been out of the house since I injured it. I hope to go to a movie and out to lunch with my cousin on Friday (I need to drive, as she doesn't drive).