Respected Contributor

Re: Searching for budget-friendly dup of Barefoot Dreams/Soft Surroundings cardigan

My December Barefoot Dreams TSV has shipped. I can't wait to get it. @Chi-town girl

Honored Contributor

Re: Searching for budget-friendly dup of Barefoot Dreams/Soft Surroundings cardigan

@skyblue wrote:

My December Barefoot Dreams TSV has shipped. I can't wait to get it. @Chi-town girl

@skyblue - pls post a review! I'm thinking about picking up another one for me plus a few for Xmas gifts. Pricing is good! Have a fab weekend

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@skyblue wrote:

@skyblue - pls post a review! I'm thinking about picking up another one for me plus a few for Xmas gifts. Pricing is good! Have a fab weekend

Will do! @Chi-town girl 😃

Respected Contributor

I have the Calypso cardigan (got it from Nordstrom a few years ago), and it's a lot longer than the other cardigan they offered here as a TSV with the pockets. If you are short, it can go down to your knees, so keep that in mind.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

@Chrystaltree2 wrote:

Well, I don't want cheap and dumbed down version of something I love.  I saw a Barefoot Dreams poncho on PMS last night. Love!  I just clicked on during a commercial break and there it was and it was amazing!  It looked so luxurious and I loved the colors and the fact that it had sleeves and turleneck.  It was even on 5 or maybe 6 Easy Pays.  But at around $160, I couldn't justify the price even with Easy Pays.  Sure, I suppose there might be a $69 version that looks something like it out there in the marketplace but I didn't fall in love with "something like" and "similar to" and "almost as nice"  would never satisfy me.  Don't laugh at me but I was dreaming about that ponch when I woke up...lol   

I understand that, but since it sounds like you've neve4r looked or given anything else a chance, how would you even know you wouldn't love a similar item? 

It seems silly to not even look for something similar at a price you could afford. 

Respected Contributor

@NJgirl 1205 wrote:

I have stopped trying to waste time and money looking for dupes of anything.  It never was the same and I always regretted the purchase and continued to pine for the real deal.  

Now if I want that $40 lipstick, I get it instead of a dozen cheapies from the drugstore.  Same goes for clothing that I love.  The cost per wear justifies pretty much any price especially when compared to items that were "not quite right" and were only worn once or twice.

This is so me. I have done this too many times.  I am over owning the look-a-like and then the original.  Never to wear the look-a-like again.  It costs me more in the end.  I now just save and buy and trust me, I save money that way Smiley Happy

Deb

Respected Contributor

Just ordered mine in the amethyst today, with the free shipping.  Can't wait to get it.  May go back for the graphite.

Deb

Super Contributor

@arrabella wrote:

@lolakimono wrote:

@lovinglife wrote:

You might find something of interest on the Eddie Bauer site.  I especially like their sleep cardigans and wear them everywhere.  Available promo codes make them more affordable.

I just recieved this in the green color.  So very soft and comfy! I only plan to wear it at home as I'm really short and it is very long on me. It does run large so I'd order down a size.  Too expensive to sent back so it makes a great shorter robe for me.  Waiting for the BD TSV so I can compare the fabric.

If you feel you don't want to keep the Eddie Bauer sleep cardigan you can return to any Eddie Bauer store including their outlet stores.  Eddie Bauer has a very generous return policy.  A few weeks ago I stopped at the outlet store.  I was looking for a duplicate of a 100% cotton, one button drape front cardigan I had purchased before.  The SA was very helpful and had some good alternatives, but I told her I hesitate to buy blends because they often pill.  She said if purchased at Eddie Bauer I could just return them. 

Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@skyblue wrote:

I received my Barefoot Dreams December 5th TSV and it's a winner!  I purchased the xxs/xs and it fits well! It's not as long as the previous TSV, and the deep amethyst color is gorgeous! Nice quality. I'm so glad I returned the Colleen Lopez sweater "dupe". This is much nicer quality!😁 @Chi-town girl

Honored Contributor

@skyblue wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@skyblue wrote:

I received my Barefoot Dreams December 5th TSV and it's a winner!  I purchased the xxs/xs and it fits well! It's not as long as the previous TSV, and the deep amethyst color is gorgeous! Nice quality. I'm so glad I returned the Colleen Lopez sweater "dupe". This is much nicer quality!😁 @Chi-town girl

@skyblue that's awesome! The amethyst looks beautiful. I'm wearing colleens black dupe today & it's still shedding, lol. 

I want the pants! Glad there has been 2 successful TSV's so there s/b more next yr!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri