Esteemed Contributor

Re: Searching for budget-friendly dup of Barefoot Dreams/Soft Surroundings cardigan

I went to Nordstom yesterday and they had barefoot dreams. I was in the fitting room and someone had left one that is going to be the TSV on 12/5. It is the chic lite drape front calypso wrap. It was $92.00 but the TSV is $59.98. The colors for the TSV are black, graphite,amethyst, stone, cocoa and heather pewter/pearl. I tried it on but it was way too long on me. I am 5'1" and I was swimming in it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Searching for budget-friendly dup of Barefoot Dreams/Soft Surroundings cardigan

I may be a snob, LOL, but I prefer the "real thing" esp. if hers sheds!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Trusted Contributor

I did order the TSV even though it would be much to long for me to wear anywhere but in the house.  I plan to wear it instead of a robe.

@elated wrote:

I went to Nordstom yesterday and they had barefoot dreams. I was in the fitting room and someone had left one that is going to be the TSV on 12/5. It is the chic lite drape front calypso wrap. It was $92.00 but the TSV is $59.98. The colors for the TSV are black, graphite,amethyst, stone, cocoa and heather pewter/pearl. I tried it on but it was way too long on me. I am 5'1" and I was swimming in it.

Honored Contributor

Here is the new Dec 5th TSV for $60. I like the graphite and pearl colors. The cocoa color is very pretty - I have it in the previous TSV. 

The difference in the 2 TSV wraps - new TSV doesn't have pockets and has a cascade drape front design. Makes an impressive gift. 

Ships 12/5 Barefoot Dreams Chic Lite Drape Front Calypso Wrap

a288061.jpg

Barefoot Dreams, Bamboo Lite Calypso Wrap Cardigan,long sleeve,front_ drape. *Not a QVC fit.* Length:Missy Range:30 1/4"-31 1/2". Plus Range:32"- 33". Size: S/M (fits 6-8), L/XL (fits 12-14), Size 1X (14-16), Size 2X____ (18-20), Size 3X (22-24). Content: 75% Nylon/25% Rayon,____ Care: MWCS/GC/ONCBWN/TDL/DNI._Imported.______________

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

Colleen is also offering a cowl neck sweater $50 This raisin color is pretty.

Colleen Lopez "Keeping It Cozy" Cowl-Neck Sweater
500-105
Colleen Lopez "Keeping It Cozy" Cowl-Neck Sweater

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@Chrystaltree2 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Colleen Lopez Keeping it Cozy is identical.  Colleen said herself it's the exact same fabric. The only thing is, Colleen only has a couple pieces. 

I own 2 of the drape front cardigans and love them.  I don't personally own any of the Barefoot Dreams.

Really?   She actually said, this is exactly like Barefoot Dreams fabrics???  

Colleen said the fabric is identical, HOWEVER, after receiving mine and comparing it to my Barefoot Dreams I must respectfully disagree. It's a lighter weight fabric, and it had many flaws. I couldn't return it fast enough! I was afraid that those flaws in the fabric would turn into holes. I much prefer the sturdier fabric of the Barefoot Dreams. I preordered the upcoming TSV. @Chrystaltree2 @Lipstickdiva

Super Contributor

@Chi-town girl are you able to share the item number? Thanks in advance, cuz I'm sure if you can, you will!

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl That sweater is really nice.I am going to take a look.Did you purchase it?

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo I agree with what you said.Its funny because I am sure I had a sweater made out of that fabric many years ago.It wasn't that great then as I remembered it shedded so I was never interested in purchasing the barefoot dreams.Maybe the fabric has improved though because it seems to be popular but it is very expensive.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono That looks really nice.I like the length too.How was the sizing compared to Q?