Respected Contributor

Re: Searching for budget-friendly dup of Barefoot Dreams/Soft Surroundings cardigan

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Colleen Lopez Keeping it Cozy is identical.  Colleen said herself it's the exact same fabric. The only thing is, Colleen only has a couple pieces. 

I own 2 of the drape front cardigans and love them.  I don't personally own any of the Barefoot Dreams.

Really?   She actually said, this is exactly like Barefoot Dreams fabrics???  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Searching for budget-friendly dup of Barefoot Dreams/Soft Surroundings cardigan

@joannecha wrote:

Thanks for the many suggestions. I am liking the Eddie Bauer sleep cardigan & see they have a 40% off black Friday sale going on so we'll see how that works out with the budget. I appreciate all your ideas so much. This is a magical place to find out about great deals!!

I'm thinking about this one too.  Might try it.

Honored Contributor

@lovinglife wrote:

You might find something of interest on the Eddie Bauer site.  I especially like their sleep cardigans and wear them everywhere.  Available promo codes make them more affordable.

Honored Contributor

@joannecha wrote:

Have been looking all over. Did finds some things that looked similar on J Jill & a great one on Coldwater Creek, but it would be a splurge. Just wondered if anyone had come across a soft cozy cardigan or travel wrap that won't break the bank. Thanks for any & all  replies.

I rarely go to Nordstrom Rack, but they did have a robe that was very similar for $42.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@Chrystaltree2 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Colleen Lopez Keeping it Cozy is identical.  Colleen said herself it's the exact same fabric. The only thing is, Colleen only has a couple pieces. 

I own 2 of the drape front cardigans and love them.  I don't personally own any of the Barefoot Dreams.

Really?   She actually said, this is exactly like Barefoot Dreams fabrics???  

Yes. She said that she spoke to her manufacturer in NY about it when she rec'd her original from her DIL as a gift.  She wanted something like it and the manufacturer said he has that exact same fabric.   

Respected Contributor

Colleen Lopez has a a Dup on HSN.

Trusted Contributor

@Sunnycorle wrote:

I read the reviews on HSN and there were complaints of a lot of sheading.

Honored Contributor

@arrabella wrote:

@Sunnycorle wrote:

I don't know about the cold shoulder top or the cowl neck but out of the reviews for the cardigan, 3 people mentioned it shedding or leaving lint balls.  One said she hadn't washed it yet.

I didn't have a big shedding problem with mine and it completely stopped once I washed it the first time. 

Honored Contributor

fabric is fabric .... blends are blends..construction is easily emulated...unless BD has a patent on a new textile that only they can manufacture with then 'yes' there can be something identical out there...

'you get what you pay for', in fashion, most often applies to a label!

Honored Contributor

@arrabella wrote:

@Sunnycorle wrote:

@arrabella & others interested in a true comparison of both brands. I own both. The look and feel of the knit is very close.

BUT - Colleens knit sheds badly. The black cardi left a huge amt of shed balls of fabric on my chairs, couch other clothing and it was all over the floor. Given it's black, it looked like bugs on the floor. Quite a mess! The Barefoot Dreams cardi has never left lint or balls of knit. There must be a difference in the knit and/or mfg.  

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri