Valued Contributor

I'm 48 and wear them all the time.  Like you I have quite a collection, and I love to enjoy them.  

Honored Contributor

I do wear scarves but usually only with wool winter coats because scarves keep the collars from irritating.

I think when scarves are used to look like a bib or clearly are shawls twisted and hanging to the knees, it's time to re-think them. They can age a woman of a certain age and look too much like a costume or someone trying too hard to look fashionable.

Esteemed Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

I do wear scarves but usually only with wool winter coats because scarves keep the collars from irritating.

I think when scarves are used to look like a bib or clearly are shawls twisted and hanging to the knees, it's time to re-think them. They can age a woman of a certain age and look too much like a costume or someone trying too hard to look fashionable.

@Trinity11  you are so right about that. I would never understand why.

Honored Contributor

I bought some silk ones from Isaac Mizrahi when he first came to QVC. I have some other silk ones from China and Thailand (I think)  Brother gave them to me.  My first Hermes was from a boss and his wife who went to Paris for vacation one year and brought me back a Hermes scarf.  I really was so young that I did not even know how to appreciate it but kept it, wore it, dry cleaned it and was not particularly fond of it until I was about 30 years old when my mother told me how nice it was.

Honored Contributor

I met my dh back in the early 70's. We worked at the same place. He told me what attracted him to me were the scarves I wore around my neck. I was and still am a scarf girl. Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

Do not care AT ALL for scraves. I especially dislike the eternity ones worn around the neck.

Esteemed Contributor

Scarves aren't my thing.  I just don't care for the look of them on me or anyone for that matter.  However, it is something you really like to wear then go ahead and do so.  

I don't think they ever completely go out of style but I rarely see them worn much anymore.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I also have a nice assortment of scarves, but rarely wear them anymore.  Perhaps in the winter, to add some warmth in the neck area with outerwear.  

I no longer want to wear them "just because" and I don't see anyone in my area wearing them, either.  

I feel the same way about the clunky jewelry styles that are now passé.  

I'm not a slave to any fashion trend, but did do the scarf thing for a while, and am glad it seems to have run its course. 

Respected Contributor

Didn't know chunky jewelry was ''out." Don't wear it in the summer anyway.

Honored Contributor

I'm waiting for people to chime in with how HOT HOT HOT scarves are..lol.  As if scarf means wool....lol.   I've always worn scarves to perk up an outfit or as a hair accessory or tied to my handbag.  I have a large collection.  My newest one is a silky olive camo scarf that exactly matches my camo flats.  I wore the shoes and scarf with a white tee and khaki capris last week and and the accessories absolutely made the outfit.