Super Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Hotter than hades here.  No scarves, sweaters tied around the waist, leggings, or linen blazers.  Wear just enough to keep from getting arrested. 

That was funny!  Smiley Happy
Trusted Contributor

I am not a scarf person, even in the dead of winter.  Just the thought of wearing a scarf makes me sweat!  Ugh!

Honored Contributor

I don't care for scarves.  It's just too much fabric, too flowy and something to fuss with.  I wouldn't think to put a scarf on for warmth because the AC is too cold.  I would just rather wear a sweater.  

Sometimes when I see a woman with a scarf on, it's so distracting from everything else she's wearing.  I don't think it's necessary.  

Honored Contributor

The two scarves that I own are utilitarian for winter weather. I hate when my neck and ears are cold and I hate hoods! 
The last time I had on a hood I tried to enter a restaurant through the window (it was pouring rain)! Turn your head and you're looking at the inside of the hood!

🙄

Honored Contributor

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

I'm not a scarf wearer no matter the temp.

That goes for me too Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Well, no, I don't wear scarves around my neck in summer, but I don't hate scarves.  There's a time and a place for them.  What bothers me - actually makes me laugh out loud - is the way Isaac has the models style the scarves.  His scarves are always wrapped around the neck like a neck brace, a medical device.  Nothing stylish about that.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

I like scarves and have several but don't wear in the summer time.  I do more necklaces in summer.  

I think a scarf can add to a plain top.  I think they are fun too.

Esteemed Contributor

@tototwo  That made me laugh out loud!

So true, I am not one to wear scarves and the few I do own are small in size and volume.

I only wear them in winter and I can barely wear necklaces in the hot humid summer months, to me it feels like more weight and makes me excessively warm.

Honored Contributor

Scarves for accessorizing can be pretty, but some are too overwhelming and look like tableclothes draped around the neck and shoulders.

Honored Contributor

I only wear scarves on winter coats. I've tried one as an accessory around my neck and didn't like it. It's not a neck issue because I like turtlenecks. They're just not my style. I'm usually wearing a necklace instead.

I think I still have a couple scarves in my closet. I keep thinking I'll tie one around my handbag or maybe use one as a belt, but I never do. I think some women really chic in their scarves.