Contributor

i LOVE SCARVES !  Wear them all the time!  I am in the Northeast and it isn't unbearably hot here - at night it does get chilly - love the Northeast in Summer! 

Esteemed Contributor

I wear scarves all year long for my hair.  I was never into that scarf around the neck look in the summer months.  Wonder why that's back in style?  No way, Jay!

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

I wear scarves quite often.  I am very cold natured and work in retail where it is 69 degrees.

Honored Contributor

I like scarves but it has to be in the low 50s for me to even consider wearing one....and that is a lightweight scarf.

Respected Contributor
I do in the winter time with sweaters
Honored Contributor

i use scarves year round.....not necessarily around my neck, but draped over a shoulder or hanging down from my neck. sometimes i attach one to a simple purse. if they are oblong i can wear it around my waist or on my hat.

my mother uses scarves around her neck a lot, including summertime. she is ALWAYS cold in buildings, restaurants, and stores that tend to crank the a/c. she says a scarf around her neck keeps her feeling a bit warmer.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Definitely not in the summer where I live.  Hot n humid here til mid-October.

I do really like a nice scarf, esp. a designer silk scarf worn under a blouse.  Used to wear them when I worked, but not so much anymore.

Been thinking of wearing a scarf as a belt, or even tied around a nice sized bag, but I like the belt idea because I can't find nice belts anywhere anymore.  I used to have a reversible Ralph Lauren belt, black on one side, red on the other, with a silver buckle and I wore it til it broke in half on me.  Now, no favorite belts do I own.  Gotta try the scarf idea.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing