Honored Contributor

Re: Scarfs, how often do you wear them?

Since I live a life of perpetual summer - with the heat & humidity a great deal of the time , I rarely wear or see worn any scarves. Occasionally I may see one in church.

Honored Contributor

I've never gotten on the scarves bandwagon.  They're OK on others, I guess, but just not for me.  

Honored Contributor

I like them on other people, on me they are just too much.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I SOOO embraced the scarf thing back in the 80s. 

So many ways I wore them, so many scarf accessories.

I was....The Scarf Master!

(cue lightning strike! Ha)

Today? 

They drive.me.nuts!!

So much fussing. I think I'm 'scarved out'. 

I still see them here in Dallas...mostly in casual dress.

Jeans, tshirt, boots, scarf.  Cute!

Honored Contributor

wear or use them almost daily when i am out.

even in the summertime they are nice to tie onto a handbag or put into a handbag just in case it is freezing in the building or restaurant.....and it usually is.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I usually only wear a scarf when I am wearing a coat or jacket, especially leather or suede.  I want to keep the color of the jacket clean and not get exposed to the oils on my body.

Once in a while, I'll wear one to accent my clothing.  I wear it loose and not tight around my neck.

Last year I purchased several beautiful silk scarves on e-bay from a seller in China.  They were dirt cheap and really good quality.  I often get stopped and asked where I purchased them.  

I do not wear scarf in the summertime anymore.  I used to tie my hair back with them when I was much younger.

Honored Contributor

I like a lightweight scarf or long cowl in place of a necklace.

@qualitygal wrote:

It seems like they're still worn a lot. Not around here necessarily. Maybe at work?

Where do you wear them? Will you wear them in summer?

What's your favorite way to wear them if you do?

Honored Contributor

I think they look cute on others, they make me claustrophobic so I don't wear them. I just recently donated what turned out to be a huge stack of them, had way more that I thought I did, lol. I did keep one, to wear when I am out shoveling snow, for warmth.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

wear or use them almost daily when i am out.

even in the summertime they are nice to tie onto a handbag or put into a handbag just in case it is freezing in the building or restaurant.....and it usually is.

How does having a scarf in your purse keep you from being cold?

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal. Hi, I used to wear scarves more often...I think the ones that were rectangular and flowered like Isacc's are the ones I'd see most often on others and also the ones I'd wear. I usually double the long scarf, twist it, then knot it around my neck loosely. I continue to wear all of mine, but not as much.

Think when statement necklaces became the IT thing, scarves fell by the wayside for some. I also enjoy wearing a long scarf as a belt tied through my belt loops & knotted to the side. 

I don't do as well styling the large square scarf. My neck is shorter and doing the ascot thing or making a triangle & knot in front seems to bunch up to my chin & annoys me.

NC summers are too hot for scarves or much of anything around the neck. I switch out heavier necklaces for lighter, delicate, long chains.