Respected Contributor

Re: Scarfs, how often do you wear them?

@151949 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

wear or use them almost daily when i am out.

even in the summertime they are nice to tie onto a handbag or put into a handbag just in case it is freezing in the building or restaurant.....and it usually is.

How does having a scarf in your purse keep you from being cold?

You can keep it in your purse and pull it out when needed...

Honored Contributor

@151949. I think @151949 means that if it's large enough, it can be used as a shawl. Sorry @151949 if I answered for you.

Honored Contributor

Previous post meant for @sunshine45.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't wear scarves at all. Not with a coat or regular clothes. 

I also don't wear turtlenecks or cowl neck sweaters. I can't stand to have anything around my neck like that. 

I do have a few heavier ones though. In the winter I'll put them in my car so I can use it if I have car trouble and am stranded somewhere and have to walk in the cold. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

wear or use them almost daily when i am out.

even in the summertime they are nice to tie onto a handbag or put into a handbag just in case it is freezing in the building or restaurant.....and it usually is.

How does having a scarf in your purse keep you from being cold?

you pull it out and use it when you need it.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

I wear scarves often. I'm someone who wears solid colored scarves if I have a print or

pattern in an outfit.  And then I wear a plaid or patterned scarf if I am wearing solid colors. 

I worked with a woman who wore all kinds of scarves, and I always admired how she looked.

Respected Contributor

i have many scarves .  mainly autumn/winter weight. we have no spring here.  today the temp is 23 degrees!!   becuase i refuse to wear a hat and my neck gets cold.   for summer i have a few featherweight gauzey ones . i have collected many silk scarves over the years - just have a weakness for a beautifully designed or hand-painted silk scarf.

Respected Contributor

Never.

I used to own a few wool-ish scarves for winter. But I never actually wore them. 

Honored Contributor

I remember back in the day when ladies wore scarves as babushkas - it was always a perfect gift for someone you did not know very well - hankies or scarves. They were great - kept your ears & head warm and didn't ruin your hair. In the late 60's Totes came out with waterproof scarves to keep your hair dry in the rain. 

I often wonder why good stuff like that disappears from our culture.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sandy53 wrote:

I never wore scarves when I was working (teaching). They always were in the way. Now I wear them often. I have sewn all my rectangular ones into loops because they are easiest for me to wear.

@sandy53Someone in the forums told me about maggies from HSN.  Two each of silver and gold toned magnet buttons.  They anchor your scarf and it doesn't move!Smiley Happy

Image result for maggies scarf holders