Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Scarf/Caftan Tops, Yay or Ney? (Tolani)

Some work for me in petite styles ... as a matter of fact, I'm wearing this Joan Rivers caftan right now ...

https://www.qvc.com/Joan-Rivers-Petite-Length-Spice-Market-Jersey-Knit-Caftan.product.A289061.html?u...

Honored Contributor

Re: Scarf/Caftan Tops, Yay or Ney?

I also prefer a more structured look as @Oznell stated, but I do like the tops, but for me, it's just to much print and flowey-ness.  But if you purchase, enjoy!

Honored Contributor

Re: Scarf/Caftan Tops, Yay or Ney?

I like what I see in the pics, but they would overwhelm me.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Carmie @Snicks1 @suzyQ3 I am only 5'2" and I did receive the ones at the beginning of this thread and they don't feel overwhelming. I thought about this. I paid attention attention to the length, including the sleeves, and they are very manageable.  I had also been interested in 

a307942_848.102.jpeg

which Leah presented so beautifully, and which looked great on Kerstin on a video onlne. They both looked so good in these colors and I bought it. I literally just received it and know what you mean by overwelming... this one feels like too much on me and it reminded me of the garments Catholic priests wear during mass.  Man Sad  So it is going back...

So it depends on the specific garment.

Esteemed Contributor

@MyShadowLove very pretty!

Respected Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe 

Is Tolani modal scratchy like you said, and not soft, smooth and comfortable?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@MyShadowLove very pretty!

@NYCLatinaMe ...Thank you!...I did take them to the Tailors to have the adjustable sphagetti straps adjusted some more as I felt that the front was a little too low for my comfort level...lol...I put them on at her shop and she will actually be able to replace the straps also with a little more wider strap...The dresses are just so pretty and feminine and I didn't want to return them.

Your Scarf/Caftan Tops are also lovely...Don't even think about what others are wearing....just go with your own personal unique sense of style and wear whatever makes you feel your best and always be your special self! Woman Happy

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Esteemed Contributor

@Justice4all wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe 

Is Tolani modal scratchy like you said, and not soft, smooth and comfortable?

Hi @Justice4all I had forgotten I wrote that! I had just put my order in when i wrote that, so i guess it was scratchy looking on TV!  It is the softest baby worthy woven material,100% modal, made in India. Like a well washed softness woven.  Very fluid feeling, lighweight, but substantal, not paperthin.  It will wrinkle, so the busy prints will help cover that up.  The colors are vivid, the pattern beautiful. I have not washed.  A little pricy for my taste, but i guess that is the going price...

Respected Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe   Thanks for your answer...I was also wondering about ordering down a size...any suggestions?

Esteemed Contributor

I bought my regular QVC size for tops and I am happy with the decision.  I think that was the host's recommendation.  The garment measurements on the table were correct for my size.  It is oversized, but the fabric is soft so is not overwhelming.  It drapes fine.

This is just a piece of fabric, folded, with a cut for the head to go through at the fold, and parallel seams for the torso.  The seaming is perfectly straight up and down, no shaping. Hope this helps!