Honored Contributor

Re: Scarf/Caftan Tops, Yay or Ney?

I wear them and really like them.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I saw Lea one morning wearing this pretty (Tolani) and had to have. It arrived and wow! Nice line....kinda pricey but just unique and lovely. I got the turquoise and went down a size. Perfect! If you like these kind of tops check out this line.

A307942 Tolani Caftan Tunic.

Esteemed Contributor

I’m petite at 5ft tall. I love scarf tops but have to be careful which ones I choose. The Tolani ones are way to big on me.I have a couple of the Susan Graver ones that look really cute on me.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21 what does pepeecrvr mean?

@NYCLatinaMe 

i did a double take on that also, but i THINK she meant "popular."

I saw that and wondered too.  Then I thought I was just way out of it and didn't know internet lingo.  LOL

Respected Contributor

I was tempted by the caftan but decided I like kimono over a tank better. So I am buying the chiffonish kimonos.

Respected Contributor

I have a blue one I bought from the Q many years ago. I thought the swirl pattern and color combinations were very pretty. I think they are an easy way to dress up a plain bottom - skirt or pants.

Nice to wear in hot weather too.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Scarf/Caftan Tops, Yay or Ney? (Tolani)

The Tolani top

Unknown-2.jpeg

is being offered for sale at Nieman Marcus for $130-$145, approx double the QVC price.  It is very pretty -- waiting fr summer.. 

Honored Contributor

I am short, and they usually overwhelm me, but I found one in a petite size.  I like the look of it, but it drives me crazy to wear it.

There is way too much fussing around trying to keep it aligned on my body and the sleeves are too flowing and in the way.

It's now a beautiful decoration for my closet.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't personally care for a Scarf/Caftan style top for myself, but I did want to share that I bought a couple of adorable Scarf Dresses available from Tommy Bahama!...I received a discount card and was happy to put it to good use!...I got a free shawl included... Woman Happy

Tropical Vibes Scarf Dress

Tropical Vibes Scarf Dress

Cotton Modal Scarf Dress
Cotton Modal Scarf Dress

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I am short, and they usually overwhelm me, but I found one in a petite size.  I like the look of it, but it drives me crazy to wear it.

There is way too much fussing around trying to keep it aligned on my body and the sleeves are too flowing and in the way.

It's now a beautiful decoration for my closet.

@Carmie, I'm medium height, but I agree with you, I think they would drive me crazy. I often think one is pretty, but, I know me, lol, can't stand voluminous fabrics swirling around me.

"To each their own, in all things".