Honored Contributor

Re: Scarf/Caftan Tops, Yay or Ney?

I'm definitely a YAY!

I still have the first ones I ever bought at QVC ...  remember ON-THE-GO-STYLE?  I think it was around 2003 or so.  I still have them ..and one is shades of orange/coral stripes ... so the color is "timely."  The other one is blue/yellow/white strips .. again timely colors.

I have two from the original Citiknits (when Renee was vendor).   I think all the rest are from Susan Graver and Chico's.  I have no idea how many I have - but there are a lot of them.  

I like the sheer tops - both the scarf tops and sheer cardigans and vests.  They can "jazz up" a plain top and pants.

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG I like the ones I have, I plan to wear them all summer.  Just haven't seen them anywhere in life.  Don't go to department stores any more.

Honored Contributor

I should have mentioned in my reply above .... I've opened all the seams and just tie the ends of the corners together.  So - I don't have any fly-away sides.

I prefer this look. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

absolutely LOVE them!

i enjoy wearing tanks and camisoles, but not going too bare. the scarf/caftan tops work well with them and flow over capris and crops nicely. they also make great swimsuit coverups. most of the ones i love feel like silk against my skin. so light and airy.

my favorites are by SHAHIDA PARIDES and ASA KAFTANS.

i also have a few from SG and from antthony.

would love to hear others favorites.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I think they look nice on someone who is tall and slender. For me at 5-3 and size XS, those kind of tops add pounds to my petite frame. I shy away from that silhouette and go for more fitted tops.

@SilleeMee

We're almost the same size (5'2" for me) and I stay away from these tops for the same reason.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe I wouldn't worry about anyone else wearing/not wearing them. They seem pepeecrvr

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe You like them and I bet you look great in them

So don't worry if others aren't wearing them. Wear what makes you happy.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I have a beautiful silk scarf top from Karen Cane.  If you like it, why not wear it occasionally.  You might want to get one or two in silk which really shows color beautifully and wear them occasionally.

I thought this one from Amazon was absolutely beautiful!  I'd wear it with tonal bottoms, or white to brighten it up.  A simple earring, one thin bracelet, and you're done.  The mistake would be over accessorizing. 

There's also a pinterest page on "The Best Scarf Tops".

Enjoy whatever you chose to do.Smiley Happy

Image result for scarf tops

That's very pretty!

Esteemed Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 what does pepeecrvr mean?

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21 what does pepeecrvr mean?

@NYCLatinaMe 

i did a double take on that also, but i THINK she meant "popular."

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein