Esteemed Contributor

Scarf/Caftan Tops, Yay or Ney? (Tolani)

[ Edited ]

Looking for opinions ladies! 

I seem to have fallen inlove with these tops, have already bought 3, below.

The first 2 are Tolani, in an overpriced scratchy looking material with a very pretty print. The third one is SG charmeuse polyester that is so gorgeous, looks and feels like silk, I am serious.  I know Tolani sells this look in other stores, but I have never seen anyone wearing it.

So I am wondering wherther people are wearing these or if it will be just me. I bought these for summer, and it is not warm enough to wear yet in NY.  I remember these tops were popular in the 70s when i was a kid  i think they will be great in warm weather.  Thinking about getting the SG in pink, it is so pretty.

Thank you for your opinions!

shopping.jpeg

Unknown-2.jpegUnknown.jpeg

edited to add the material of the Tolani tops not what i imagined!  It is the softest baby worthy woven material,100% modal, made in India. Like a well washed softness woven.  Very fluid feeling, lighweight, but substantal, not paperthin.  It will wrinkle, so the busy prints will help cover that up.  The colors are vivid, the pattern beautiful. I have not washed.  A little pricy for my taste, but i guess that is the going price.  Have not worn out yet, wating for non-jacket weather

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Scarf/Caftan Tops, Yay or Ney?

Although I tend to go for more structured looks for myself, (I'm that boring, ha), @NYCLatinaMe,, I think these are very breezy and pretty, and look deliciously cool.

You'll look carefree and lovely in your warm weather tops.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @Oznell! I much prefer more tailored myself, that is why i posted.  but the prints are so pretty and my job is now more casual.  And summer in the city so hot! Let's see who is wearing these...

Honored Contributor

I think they look nice on someone who is tall and slender. For me at 5-3 and size XS, those kind of tops add pounds to my petite frame. I shy away from that silhouette and go for more fitted tops.

Trusted Contributor

Hi, @NYCLatinaMe !  I have a couple of these scarf type tops in my closet.  I like them in warmer weather to cover a tank top or sleeveless dress.  One of mine is a Susan Graver that I’ve had for a couple years; the other I just received is a Colleen Lopez from HSN in a bird of paradise print that was offered for $29.99.  Looking foe are to wearing both this spring and summer.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love scarf tops in the warm weather !  I've always preferred flowy to fitted.  And with scarf tops, I get to cover my arms because I have a bit of aging saggy-ness, and I have psoriasis, not covered with it, but I usually have a touch on my elbows.   I think they are so pretty and perfect for spring and summer !  The tops you show are all very nice.  I especially like the 3rd one.

Honored Contributor

I generally don't like tops with those weird type hems. I do like this but only if it's made out of cotton with a tad poly to keep it from shrinking or wrinkling.

Better yet they might be nice made out of Gauze.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes @PhilaLady1 the sleeve lenght in these are perfect, just at the elbow.  And no tank needed.

Valued Contributor

yes yes and yes!!! I think they are perfect for summer and love the variety of colors and style that's offered. When I see someone wearing them, I always think how classy and elegant they look, not to mention comfortable Smiley Happy

Contributor

I think they are very pretty.  They look great on a slendar fiqure,but if you are overweight

and petite, I would not wear them.