Esteemed Contributor

Re: Saying Goodbye To our Szish List

@sunshine45 wrote:

looks like she is going to be a "national news cable network anchor."

more to come.....no mention of which network yet.

On an Instagram post, she uses the hashtag "Real news for real people", which implies a particular network. She basically confirmed where in the comments, when she told someone she could unfollow her if that network would bother her.

Esteemed Contributor

@Alter Ego wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

looks like she is going to be a "national news cable network anchor."

more to come.....no mention of which network yet.

On an Instagram post, she uses the hashtag "Real news for real people", which implies a particular network. She basically confirmed where in the comments, when she told someone she could unfollow her if that network would bother her.

Are we not allowed to say it?  Apparently she's going to be an anchor on Newsm*x. I've never watched that channel but I know it's definitely conservative.  Mixed reactions on her Instagram feed.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

It's a great accomplishment, being a news anchor!  

No matter what, where, etc., etc

Wishing Katrina well.

I don't have cable, but keep me posted.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

@RNbynite wrote:

@kaydee50  IMHO, Katrina's ideology may have been too upscale for QVC's demographics. Loved her show.

That may be partly true, but not all of us shop at Walmart or Kohls and like upscale clothing.

Also, Katrina was not let go, but is offered a position as an anchorwoman on a National News program.   She most likely came to QVC to get TV exposure to show off her poise, intelligence and class.  Smart lady and I wish her luck.

Respected Contributor

Katrina will be an anchor for Newsmax - based in NYC.

Contributor

NewsMax is NOT a step up for Ms. Szish, in my opinion.  But she fits the mold, I suppose.

Super Contributor

@Chucklehead wrote:

NewsMax is NOT a step up for Ms. Szish, in my opinion.  But she fits the mold, I suppose.

Even on a sunny day, there's always at least one cloud!

Honored Contributor

I don't think Katrina ever fit in at QVC because she and her clothing concepts were all way too upscale.  All one needed to do was look at her social media postings to see that.

I don't think her aesthetic fit with the average QVC customer.  I personally found her to be extremely under utilized at QVC.  She has real fashion knowledge and why Q didn't put her in the Monday night line-up is beyond me.  *If* her show didn't do well, my guess is because of the time it was on.  She should have been given better time slots.

I wish her luck with her new job.  

Honored Contributor

I do believe the time slot wasn't ideal.

But, a good step upward and onward. 

Wishing Katrina the best. 

Always wishing others good thoughts.  Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Occasional Contributor

It is an extremely conservative network and I could never watch. Wish her well.