Honored Contributor

Sat. Aug. 24th Talbots In-Store Party and Gift With Purchase

First of all, Aug. 19-Sept. 2 is 25% your regular priced purchase.

On Sat. Aug. 24th if you "come celebrate" in store (offer is in-store only) and make a $150 or more purchase, you'll receive a limited edition Talbots Inspiration bracelet.  

There is a photo of it in a flyer in the new T catalog I received in the mail and it's a slender silver toned cuff bracelet  that has the inspirational words GRATEFUL   LOVED  STRONG  inscribed on it.  I'm assuming from the photo the silver color is silver tone and not SS.  Available while supplies last.

Honored Contributor

Re: Sat. Aug. 24th Talbots In-Store Party and Gift With Purchase

Anyone going? Gidgetgh, you often go and get the GWP. As you know by now, 25% off isn't enough discount for me at T,s; I'm not going.
Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
Anyone going? Gidgetgh, you often go and get the GWP. As you know by now, 25% off isn't enough discount for me at T,s; I'm not going.

I don't often go to the mall anymore (especially not on a Saturday, or an evening), so I never go to these shopping events. I sometimes go into my local store to check out colors or sizing or what a fabric is like, but I order almost everything online.

I noticed that they're giving 10% of net proceeds from the day (in stores only, I presume) to benefit Dress for Success. 

Honored Contributor

I went because I had something to return.  I bought a pair of jeans and a pair of their basic leggings (best things ever) and asked to look at the free bracelet though my purchase wasn’t enough to get it.  No big loss.  It reminded me of a POW bracelet and had absolutely no “give” to it.  Anyone over a size 4 would have a hard time wearing it.  Not my style at all.

I was ok with the 25% because I also had a Talbots gift card I was using from some Discover card points.

I got a hard as a rock cookie and the infamous room temperature water for my husband, who was in the car.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

What did you think about the new collection @gidgetgh ?

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh   LOL - I knew you'd be going today!  Smiley Happy

Thanks so much for the report on the GWP; I certainly am not missing anything from what you wrote!  Good to know!

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

What did you think about the new collection @gidgetgh ?

@cherry - gorgeous colors in the new collection.  I had gone earlier in the week and bought this sweater in 3 colors. Drop shoulder v neck. 

I can’t do a lot of the Talbots winter sweaters because I can’t wear cashmere or merino wool at all. 

ABC0AC04-FB52-4C6B-B90A-BA0DFBA4BCD2.jpeg

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

Spend $150 & get an inspiration bracelett? Whoppee!! Not.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh  that is a beauty. I love the color

Honored Contributor

@ahoymate wrote:

Spend $150 & get an inspiration bracelett? Whoppee!! Not.

@ahoymate   In-store only, until supplies last.  Not with online orders.  So did you get it?