Honored Contributor

I remember Sam and Libby when they were an upscale brand. Perhaps they still are but like many brands they do a cheaper capsule collection for Target.

Esteemed Contributor
On 9/19/2014 LipstickDiva said:

A number of years ago, I bought 2 pair of Merona sling-back peep toe pumps that were a twill material for $17.00 each. I wore them and wore them and wore them. Those $17.00 shoes lasted me for at least 3 summers. I had to toss them when the rubber sole started to come loose at the toe area.

I also bought a pair of Merona black high heeled slip on loafer type pumps and I cannot even tell you how many years I had those. I know I didn't pay more than $20.00 for them. Just tossed them yesterday. I bet I've had them 5 years. Again, they are a shoe I wore a lot in the winter with pants.

Other shoes have lasted a season and then had to be trashed. But you just never know.

Good to know, I bought some boots a couple of years ago, and they're still fine!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Super Contributor

I bought the black, and to my eye they look just like the ones I used to buy 30 years ago. Are they the same quality as the old ones? I don't know. They look like pretty decent leather, I guess I will know after I wear them for a while. The thing I like about them (and what I'd forgotten) is that they fit my feet really well. They are not cut too low or too high and the width is great for me.

Of course my feet are 30 years older since I last wore them! So I am noticing that there isn't a lot of support or padding-- but that's something that I never cared about or noticed before when I was younger. There is padding in the sole just not a lot.

I don't plan to wear them every day, or frequently like I used to wear them but just to have a cute flat to quickly put on to run out the door, I think they are worth the $30.

And I noticed online, if you buy one pair you get the second pair 1/2 off. So that's great! I am thinking about ordering the natural/beige color from their website and if I order a 2nd pair I can get DD a pair for $15.

Regarding the Merona brand, I have purchased that brand in shoes from Target for my DD for work many times and she wears them to death and they hold up very well. The first time I bought the brand for her I bought one pair and I said, tell me how these hold up for you at work and if they are comfortable and if you like them I will buy you some more. And several weeks later she called and said Mom, these are really comfortable and I had another girl at work ask me about them and tell me they were cute. She has only had one shoe that came apart and that was because her dog chewed it. lol

Esteemed Contributor
On 9/19/2014 imaclotheshog said:

I bought the black, and to my eye they look just like the ones I used to buy 30 years ago. Are they the same quality as the old ones? I don't know. They look like pretty decent leather, I guess I will know after I wear them for a while. The thing I like about them (and what I'd forgotten) is that they fit my feet really well. They are not cut too low or too high and the width is great for me.

Of course my feet are 30 years older since I last wore them! So I am noticing that there isn't a lot of support or padding-- but that's something that I never cared about or noticed before when I was younger. There is padding in the sole just not a lot.

I don't plan to wear them every day, or frequently like I used to wear them but just to have a cute flat to quickly put on to run out the door, I think they are worth the $30.

And I noticed online, if you buy one pair you get the second pair 1/2 off. So that's great! I am thinking about ordering the natural/beige color from their website and if I order a 2nd pair I can get DD a pair for $15.

Regarding the Merona brand, I have purchased that brand in shoes from Target for my DD for work many times and she wears them to death and they hold up very well. The first time I bought the brand for her I bought one pair and I said, tell me how these hold up for you at work and if they are comfortable and if you like them I will buy you some more. And several weeks later she called and said Mom, these are really comfortable and I had another girl at work ask me about them and tell me they were cute. She has only had one shoe that came apart and that was because her dog chewed it. lol

Ima, I also feel that Sam and Libby wouldn't sacrifice their quality, their name is on the shoes! They have very high end shoes they sell..thats just my feeling. I still have my shoes (if you can believe it) from the 90's! I didn't wear them much and I take very good care of my shoes..Also, ballet shoes are all the rage now,you wait long enough and everything comes back, lol! I'm glad you like your S&L and the 50% off you can't beat!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Super Contributor
On 9/19/2014 vaccinia said:

FYI, Target has a promotion on some of its clothing and shoes. Buy one, get one 50% off with code PREVIEW. It seems to be good for Sam and Libby, but not for what's left of Altuzarra.

Thank you so much for posting this code! There are 2 dresses I have been wanting and the code worked for them Smiley Happy