Contributor

Sad to find no New Liz Claiborne New York, What are LCNY customers buying instead?

Very sad to see no new LCNY. What are others who normally purchase LCNY buying for Fall? Happy to get some existing pieces for LCNY at a good price but truly this is awful - my entire wardrobe is LCNY or older LC. A petite 61 year old, I have worn LCNY, LC or Liz & Co since the 70s.  LC was really the first manufacturer to add a full line of petite and womens clothing designed for petite and plus sized women not just their regular sized designs resized. So sad to see them decline.

Honored Contributor

Re: Sad to find no New Liz Claiborne New York, What are LCNY customers buying instead?

@Susan_ATX

Welcome to the Community :-)

I think the Q stopped carrying any new Liz Claiborne in July of this year.  I'm sure one of the posters around here has the details.  I believe the company that owned LCNY ended it's contract with the Q.

So, JCP is the only place to find anything Liz related that I know of.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: Sad to find no New Liz Claiborne New York, What are LCNY customers buying instead?

LCNY isn't part of the Qvc family anymore.  It's history.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

C. Wonder seems to have replaced LC.

Honored Contributor

@Susan_ATX

I have a lot of LCNY clothing as well.  I am petite, and I have good luck at Loft, Land's End, Talbots, L.L. Bean, Pendleton, and J. Crew.

On the Q, many of Isaac's designs also look like LCNY.

HTH

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

With the illness of Liz came changes in 1998  and thereafter, the changes came which left no vestiges of the original Liz Claiborne line.

Honored Contributor

@Susan_ATX wrote:

Very sad to see no new LCNY. What are others who normally purchase LCNY buying for Fall? Happy to get some existing pieces for LCNY at a good price but truly this is awful - my entire wardrobe is LCNY or older LC. A petite 61 year old, I have worn LCNY, LC or Liz & Co since the 70s.  LC was really the first manufacturer to add a full line of petite and womens clothing designed for petite and plus sized women not just their regular sized designs resized. So sad to see them decline.

Q only had the contract to sell through mid 2016

Liz C line disappeared after she died and the company went in a different direction.  I do agree that choices for petite clothing are lessening

The customer that she designed for also is not the same. There were some lovely things, but fashion changes

I don't wear the same clothing I did 10 years ago, I think you will find some new and fun things to wear.

Frequent Contributor

Online there are 7 pages of LC fashions.  Many are warmer weather items on clearance, but some are fall looking and not on clearance.  There was just a nice vest on PM Style  in nice colors on clearance for $32.00.  Check out online.

Honored Contributor

@Susan_ATXI too had a lot of Liz.  I'm doing more Ralph Lauren in that place.

Esteemed Contributor

Xcel Brands no longer is licensed to make the Liz Claiborne line that appeared on QVC so most of the inventory is on clearance. Given that QVC is slow to get rid of clothing once a line is discontinued, it might be years before it disappears from their website though.