Respected Contributor

Re: SWING JACKET - Available on Q - A257286

Many of the plus sizes are sold out; I don't think Leah hurt sales. I simply wanted a red coat so the pea coat was out. I'm a B&M 8 but am petite. My niece said she'd treat because I no longer have a red winter coat. I didn't know that my red coats had become a signature item.

There was a time when I did a red wash so I shouldn't be surprised. If it doesn't work I'll keep looking. Have the red hats, gloves, multiple scarves but would spring for the WK scarf.

I actually think Leah looked worse in the pea coat; she was wearing that skirt legging combo.

Respected Contributor

On 10/11/2014 lavendar said:

Thanks Sheesh! I remember being shocked at tax on an item. It was over two hundred dollars twenty years ago. I can't imagine what an all wool coat would cost now. I've actually seen labels that say "faux wool".

So today in MA, if you bought a $200 coat, you'd pay 6.25% sales tax on only $25.00, as the first $175 per item is tax free.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Esteemed Contributor

On 10/11/2014 DiAnne said:
On 10/11/2014 GraceCO said:

I think it's perfectly clear that <em>Louis does not style the hosts</em>. The shame of the host looking unflattering in an otherwise beautiful jacket is that the camera lens is on her for much of the presentation. And, for women in the same size range, they are led to believe the jacket won't work for them, which causes a dip in sales. Visuals are so impactful, and it would be far better had Leah not changed into the jacket. Had Maria been modeling the jacket, that might have offset Leah's look and given another example of how the jacket could be styled in a plus size.

When I looked into ordering the plus sizes were all sold out. I did not order the jacket. I do not like to order duplicates but I keep thinking about that raspberry pea coat. The Persian blue is at the tailors having the sleeves lengthened - not cold enough to wear it yet even though I am curled up in front of fireplace with a good book today!

I'm the same way but after receiving the camel and really loving the fit, like you I'm going back for another.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Regular Contributor

I couldn't resist and I bought a black one during AM style. I know the quality will be fantastic. I have plenty of coats but this will be a nice addition and I don't currently have a swing coat. While I was at it I bought some Linea ponte pants A256444 in navy (no one does ponte like Louis) and a tunic in slate blue A220044. I don't plan on wearing these together although I'm sure they will look great, I'm just lacking some blue in my wardrobe. I can't wait to receive all of them especially the coat {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Regular Contributor

I did think both the pea coat and swing coat were not flattering on Leah. I usually wear a medium in Linea but a large in some other Q brands. Jackie looked incedible in the red swing coat and she also wears a large like Leah, so hopefully some saw how great Jackie looked and discounted Leah.

I aslo remember a show when Leah put on the new Linea lace print jacket and the size she had on was way too small. She keep trying to pull it closed and couldn't. It was awkward watching her. I like Leah as a host but the stylists should really help them with their outfits. If they plan to try something on during a show, they should try it on ahead of time when they are prepping for the show so they don't embarrass themselves.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think anyone other than an XXXS would look good with a band of white around their widest part; I know I wouldn't! She's also very tall and the jacket ran short on her which would not have been as notable except for the tunic peeking out. That said, I liked that she wore the jacket with jeans and booties as that's how I'll wear it. It's a beauty and I took her suggestion for gift giving and ordered for my mother and my sister along with WK scarves.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

In some cases I am sure the hosts are told what to wear and what to promote even if it doesn't look good on them. Remember Leah in the awful legging with the skirt attached. It was a TSV, and I'm sure she had to wear it, even if it was dreadful on her. Probably cost sales too. I'm sure they decide what size to wear. She probably doesn't want to say she's an XL, but she is definitely not a large. The difference between her and Jacqui in the jacket was blaring.

Respected Contributor

I think for a specific fashion show on a TSV day they should forego the TSV (leggings/skirt) and wear items from the fashion designer, appropriately styled with their own black pants, etc. This mish-mash of looks is dreadful.

I am an XL and it looks like Leah is larger than I. Maybe it is her height that gives that impression, but both the Linea coats didn't button properly on her, and properly sized and styled she would have looked fabulous in them, like a model, and would have inspired those of us ordering XL to click that "submit order" button!

Respected Contributor

I passed on it after watching the video. I never have been a fan of double breasted styles, and I just don't think it is long enough to provide any real warmth in colder weather. I'll just sit down and have a "date" with the de-piller and my button front black Linea walker coat from a few seasons back. It is definitely warm.

Honored Contributor

On 10/12/2014 Favorite Son said:

I passed on it after watching the video. I never have been a fan of double breasted styles, and I just don't think it is long enough to provide any real warmth in colder weather. I'll just sit down and have a "date" with the de-piller and my button front black Linea walker coat from a few seasons back. It is definitely warm.

Yes Favorire Son-agree with your observation. It is too short. I'm still on the hunt for a fab winter coat.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri