Esteemed Contributor

Re: SWING JACKET - Available on Q - A257286

Thanks, GraceCO and HappyLady! I didn't think they were the opaque ones. I didn't hear the part about lurex. I thought they really looked good, but of course, everything looks good on Jac!

Honored Contributor

I think Leah is a perfect example of a person who should not wear jeans or (as she was recently dressed) leggings. I think the blonde model Jackie is the same size as Leah and she looked great in the coat and jeans. I am a big fan of jeans and wear them often but I am tall (5'11"") and have long legs. I don't think the ankle boots helped either. I was not planning on buying the coat but just watched the video and had a moment when I realized the black was actually dark gray - would love a dark gray coat... I am thinking about it.

Trusted Contributor

After watching this morning's show, I'm actually glad the swing coat got held up and that I ordered the pea jacket instead. Personally, I don't think this particular swing coat is attractive unless the wearer is tall and lean. The pea jacket is also a better fit for my lifestyle - a lot of driving, more casual when off work. The swing coat is more of a "city girl" coat. And I was all set to order the brick red before we found out it was delayed due to a Q SNAFU.

I'll have to find something else in this beautiful brick shade.

Respected Contributor

I was not going to buy this jacket, because I have so many in my closet already and I didn't think the "swing" would work for me, but I caved! Ordered the black/charcoal in my usual size (medium) and resisted ordering the red. Seeing it on the models changed my mind.

Respected Contributor

Duplicate

Valued Contributor

I like to think out side of the box and consider alternatives. My father's people are all architects, engineers and mathematicians. So I come by some of this genetically. If you love the colors, the fabric and Louis's designs but aren't crazy about the lower width of a swing jacket there is an easy fix. Any tailor can open up each side seam (since the pockets are located in a front side seam) and remove fabric straight down from under the arm to the bottom. Then it is a straight pea jacket . The back inverted pleat can remain as is. I have an older, beautiful jacket with these lines and from the front is a slim straight, double breasted jacket but from the side and back there is fullness. Why go to all this trouble? Well, this price is ridiculous to begin with and even with tailoring costs is still cheaper than less quality jackets currently being presented by other designers and there is such a wonderful selection of special colors that go with all our fabulous clothes in matching or coordinating colors. Just a thought.

Honored Contributor

I just watched the video and I think Leah would have looked better if the coat was longer on her. It seems to stop at the wrong part of her body. It looked much better on Jackie in the brick red color.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

On 10/11/2014 GraceCO said:

That's the thing--there are plenty of stylists at QVC--fashion is the core of their business. It's careless at the very least, incompetent at worst, that a host is not appropriately "styled" for the item she's trying to sell! If that's not her strong suit--which seems to be the case for Leah--then call in the styling team to help her out. Leah was a detractor for sales of that swing coat, which is a shame!

And, again, the models, who were styled by Louis, all looked spectacular!

Yes, Leah probably quashed a few sales. What a shame that Louis & Jac made that long drive to present this gorgeous coat & then the host ruins the look. Top that off with the horrible Q photos & it's a wonder any sales are made, it's really pathetic.

Super Contributor

Is it just me, or did anyone else think the hunter green jacket and hunter green WK pants didn't quite match? It may have just been my screen....

Valued Contributor

On 10/11/2014 yarnaholic1963 said:

Is it just me, or did anyone else think the hunter green jacket and hunter green WK pants didn't quite match? It may have just been my screen....

I think I read that Louis said the coat was not as dark as the WK items.