Honored Contributor

Re: SWING JACKET - Available on Q - A257286

I don't look good in swing coats-- they make me look larger. The pea coat because its tapered at the waist would look good on me.

I didn't buy either as I have many coats (too many now) in my closet. Enjoy all who get these two coats. I have to watch the video now.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Thanks Sheesh! I remember being shocked at tax on an item. It was over two hundred dollars twenty years ago. I can't imagine what an all wool coat would cost now. I've actually seen labels that say ""faux wool"".

Respected Contributor

Thought it looked terrible on Leah, and I don't understand why this continues to happen with her, frankly. Isn't there a "look over" and check on size/fit, etc. for the hosts before they go on air and wear what they are trying to SELL? I'm assuming the designers are out of the loop.

Thought ALL the models looked spectacular.

Frequent Contributor

For those of you who are concerned because Leah did not look good in the coat, take a look at the blond model in the red coat. I think she's a size Large, but Louis styled her - and she looked fabulous. Leah needs a good stylist!
Esteemed Contributor

I thought the color looked good on Leah, but I agree that it would have been better if she didn't wear a long tunic underneath. I don't plan to wear this coat as a layering piece, as Leah mentioned, with longer layers shown below the bottom of the coat.

I wondered what this coat would look like if worn unbuttoned. I liked the way he styled it with the nutmeg zip cardigan and navy coat. I also liked the way Jac wore it with a skirt and Linea hosiery. Was Jac wearing the opaque tights A 260017 in AM Style?

Valued Contributor

The model wearing the red jacket, Jackie? Jacque? wears size 14 or large and is 5'9". In the beginning of the video she is standing in back, to the right of Leah, and her jacket hit right at the fold of her legs; not too short and she looked terrific. It did not overwhelm her or make her look bigger; if anything she looked taller and her legs looked longer. Shame this jacket presentation did not do justice to all sizes that would look fabulous in this jacket if presented properly. I just don't understand QVC; almost like they have no professionals on staff.

Respected Contributor

On 10/11/2014 Sheesh said:
On 10/11/2014 Lyn08 said:

I have auburn hair, light skin and hazel eyes. I want to get one swing coat, and can't decide on a color. What color do you think would be best with my coloring and to wear with my W/K scarves (black and brick red)? I like the green coat, but I don't have anything else green. Maybe I should just get black and be safe, as I can wear any color under the coat.

The Navy.

Thanks, Sheesh! I will order the Navy. I can wear the Brick Red scarf with the navy, and I'll wear the Black scarf with the umpteen hundred other coats that I have in my closet (that I need to weed out soon).

Respected Contributor

On 10/11/2014 wildcat fan said:

I thought the color looked good on Leah, but I agree that it would have been better if she didn't wear a long tunic underneath. I don't plan to wear this coat as a layering piece, as Leah mentioned, with longer layers shown below the bottom of the coat.

I wondered what this coat would look like if worn unbuttoned. I liked the way he styled it with the nutmeg zip cardigan and navy coat. I also liked the way Jac wore it with a skirt and Linea hosiery. Was Jac wearing the opaque tights A 260017 in AM Style?

Louis said she was wearing the new lurex hosiery A260037.

Valued Contributor

On 10/11/2014 wildcat fan said:

Jac was wearing A260037 Lurex tights. Louis mentioned they are Lurex. Jac was wearing black/silver. I received those and black/gold this week and they are fabulous. Soft, stretchy and just a hint of sheen when you turn your legs. Day or night they are gorgeous.

Respected Contributor

That's the thing--there are plenty of stylists at QVC--fashion is the core of their business. It's careless at the very least, incompetent at worst, that a host is not appropriately "styled" for the item she's trying to sell! If that's not her strong suit--which seems to be the case for Leah--then call in the styling team to help her out. Leah was a detractor for sales of that swing coat, which is a shame!

And, again, the models, who were styled by Louis, all looked spectacular!