Honored Contributor

Re: SWING JACKET - Available on Q - A257286

i am definitely not sizing down, but i am thinking of sizing up.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

is this jacket lined?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

If I remember correctly, Louis said not to size up unless you are planning to wear a really bulky sweater under it. Like a Fisherman's sweater.

Respected Contributor

I just read the blog on the jacket. He said Jaq did not size down. He didn't recommend sizing down. I ordered my regular size S. I tried to find the question I asked about warmth but it's long gone. I'd prefer it to be warmer than the pea coat. The measuremnts make sense for a real outerwear coat. I'll probably have to shorten the sleeves. When I bought all wool dress coats (remember those days) I always bought petites.

I found one in the back of my closet. An all wool Ellen Tracy petite red coat. it was pricy because I remember paying a luxury tax. In MA at that time it was an item over two hundred dollars; I think it's higher now. The coat must be twenty years old. It's a swing coat and gorgeous but too much in the shoulder and so heavy. I'd be exhausted wearing it now. Will donate it this winter.

Honored Contributor

maybe i should just stay with my normal size then......and it does say a relaxed fit on the item page.

does anyone know if this is lined?

Valued Contributor

On 10/10/2014 sunshine45 said:

maybe i should just stay with my normal size then......and it does say a relaxed fit on the item page.

does anyone know if this is lined?

In the description under fabrics states lining is 100% polyester.

Respected Contributor

I see this as a casual jacket and if I were buying it, I would want it to layer over thick sweaters, sweater/vest combos, or maybe even over the occasional leather jacket, worn with jeans or a skirt. But that is because it gets really cold here, and I would rather be warm than anything else once that happens. I would probably size up. I am not going to be home to watch AM Style, but I'll check out the video later and see if it looks like something that would work for me.

And if I buy it, those gold buttons have got to go.

Esteemed Contributor

Well, I was going to take a pass but had to have this in RED!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

I have broad shoulders so that's the only measurement I care about. I also have the original black jacket and every single time I wear it I always get ""where did you get that?"". I' definitely getting the navy and green to go with all the WK pants and sweaters I already have.
Regular Contributor

The buttons are gunmetal on the brick red, antique brass on hunter and navy, antique silver on the black. Louis described the lining as "a beautiful DTM satin." Dry clean only.