Honored Contributor

Re: SWEATERS W/ SKINNY JEANS

My niece & her teen friends have been wearing shorter tops & sweaters with skinny jeans for awhile. They seem to want to flaunt & show off their backsides, hence the shorter or tucked tops. 

I don’t wear skinny jeans or leggings. I still prefer a longer top with my slim leg jeans & pants and with white pants and shorts. 

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Are you finding tops are finally getting shorter?

Some are. There are still plenty of tunics, but I'm seeing shorter tops and sweaters, too. I hope it's a trend. 

Here's an Everlane sweater at Nordstrom.

EVERLANE The Cashmere Rib Boatneck Sweater, Main, color, PALE BLUE HEATHER

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Pointelle Cable Sweater at J Crew, on sale. 22 inch length.

6 colors.

pointelle cable sweater :, right side, view zoomed

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  I hope tops are going back to normal length.  I am not fond of tunics.  As far as skinny jeans, I am not fond of them.  I like the cigarette style where the fabric is not clinging to the skin like leggings.  Everyone has different taste which makes life interesting.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Guess I'm a rebel because I've been wearing shorter sweaters with skinny jeans for a long time now.

Esteemed Contributor

Nice to see too.  Give me a bulky wool sweater any cold day.  Those lightweight knits are just freezing.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Shanus  I hope tops are going back to normal length.  I am not fond of tunics.  As far as skinny jeans, I am not fond of them.  I like the cigarette style where the fabric is not clinging to the skin like leggings.  Everyone has different taste which makes life interesting.

@Katcat1   No, I don't like the jeggings look either. Skinny jeans to me have a tighter ankle instead of any bell shape and are fitted smoothly/snuggly through the leg vs. boyfriend style jeans. I don't like jeans that are so tight you can see every bump and dimple. 

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I havent noticed that.  If anything, I'm seeing more longer tops with skinny jeans and leggings.  Regardless of size, short tops with skinnies and leggings look odd.  The proportion is off.  Although people are free to wear whatever they want to wear.

@chrystaltree   Proportions look more off on a short woman.....legs look squatty w/ a trunk that's too long. 

Esteemed Contributor

Yes!!! I am busty and short-waisted and feel tunic-length styles do me no favors. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus  That's why I don't wear QVC tops.  They resemble tent dresses.  The worst offender is Denim & Co and Susan Graver.  Her tops average 27" to 29".  And those are not the tunics. Ridiculous length.  Only Isaac offers shorter then 26".  Although QVC women want coverage for their bottoms, many are quite short  in stature.  Which makes the long  length look silly.  I've read the complaints from petite women.

If you are a size 2, well at 5' tall, you are prefectly normal for your height and weight.  I'm a 2, and I'm a lot taller.  Barely over 5'4" and I think still think I'm just fine.  My doctor does too. i can see why you would not like those long tops from QVC.