Honored Contributor

SWEATERS W/ SKINNY JEANS

[ Edited ]

I've been looking on Pinterest for some inspiration and am noticing the long/tunic sweaters may be on their way out. It seems many, like me, who wear skinny jeans are going back to "normal" length sweaters even doing the half tuck! 

After checking a few sites, most are offering sweaters that hit either mid-hip or just below the hip.

Are you finding tops are finally getting shorter?

Honored Contributor

Re: SWEATERS W/ SKINNY JEANS

Not in my closet.  I want sweaters and shirts that at least cover the dereiere.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

I've been looking on Pinterest for some inspiration and am noticing the long/tunic sweaters may be on their way out. It seems many, like me, who wear skinny jeans are going back to "normal" length sweaters even doing the half tuck! 

After checking a few sites, most are offering sweaters that hit either mid-hip or just below the hip.

They are certainly shorter then what you see at QVC.  Tops should be shorter then the 26" plus tops from the Q.  They make make them long for women who don't want to show their bum. The same way they practically invented the elbow length sleeve. Older woman don't want certain parts of he body shown.  Sweaters outside of QVC have always been shorter. If you don't want hips to be shown, throw on a blazer/jacket/coat.  I've got a little bum, skinny hips.  I don't have to fret over my bum showing.

15 Stylish and Easy Ways to Wear Your Skinny Jeans Right Now

Honored Contributor

I've noticed shorter sweaters and tops also.  Over the summer I shortened a few tops that were longish.

Bulky sweaters I prefer longer and wider / slouchy.  I make 99% of them - so I can customize fit.  

I rarely wear fine-gauge "tuckable" sweaters ... just not my style.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@songbird   I've always been thin, eat like a horse, but still stay a size 2...no haters, please. I still workout and maintain a "youthful" shape that I don't want to cover up. That doesn't mean I'd wear a skin tight sweater or a cropped one w/ my tummy showing either. I also enjoy my BD long dusters. 

At 5' tall, I can finally find a sweater/top that doesn't look like a dress. 

***Love your pics!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I’ve started knitting again so I can get just the look I want. I just finished making a chunky sweater that hits right at my hipbone to wear with boyfriend jeans.  I don’t like skinnies on me , I look like a bean pole in them .

eta.......Oh my, I want those blue suede boots !😍

@Shanus , Oh you lucky girl you ! I’m so envious....I’m 5’9 and slender too but man , have to watch every calorie like a hawk.😩

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I hope so. 

Honored Contributor

I know that a lot of tunics are too long, but I always check the length of tops for my sweet spot. I insist they cover my tummy, if not I have to pass.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@Azcowgirl wrote:

I’ve started knitting again so I can get just the look I want. I just finished making a chunky sweater that hits right at my hipbone to wear with boyfriend jeans.  I don’t like skinnies on me , I look like a bean pole in them .

eta.......Oh my, I want those blue suede boots !😍

@Shanus , Oh you lucky girl you ! I’m so envious....I’m 5’9 and slender too but man , have to watch every calorie like a hawk.😩

@Azcowgirl   We're even. I'd like your extra 9"!!! 😜

Honored Contributor

I havent noticed that.  If anything, I'm seeing more longer tops with skinny jeans and leggings.  Regardless of size, short tops with skinnies and leggings look odd.  The proportion is off.  Although people are free to wear whatever they want to wear.