Respected Contributor

I'm not willing to label the entire SG line, but I do understand this post.  I still manage to see things that will fit into my wardrobe.  I learned long ago to be careful when buying from this line.  I was caught up in the moment on several items that I could never make work and had to finally get rid of.  And yes, it had to do with not being able to make it look fashionable.  Some expensive lessons.  Stay away from the prints and the shapeless dresses!!!!! 

Honored Contributor

I have a closet full of her clothes in a wide variety of colors and prints.  I've always had compliments on whatever of hers that I wear.  I buy the appropriate size.  I've never felt they made me look old.  Rather, given the nice fit I get, I feel they make me look young and fashionable.

Honored Contributor

She makes some clothing in burn out velvet for the holidays. I actually think it is very pretty but wondered whether it was aging and whether anyone under the age of 50 would think so.. I haven't purchased but I find it very hard to discern sometimes what actually makes a person look old when they wear a piece of clothing.... Is it vivid prints, polyester fabrics or just the cut of the garment???

Honored Contributor

Re: SUSAN GRAVER

[ Edited ]

@Trinity11 wrote:

She makes some clothing in burn out velvet for the holidays. I actually think it is very pretty but wondered whether it was aging and whether anyone under the age of 50 would think so.. I haven't purchased but I find it very hard to discern sometimes what actually makes a person look old when they wear a piece of clothing.... Is it vivid prints, polyester fabrics or just the cut of the garment???

@Trinity11

I don't think it's the clothing alone that makes a person look old.  It's the entire look:  hair, makeup, accessories, attitude, posture, grooming.   

Esteemed Contributor

Some of the clothing in her line is ok but I have made mistakes and think the fabric has turned me off on more than one occasion.  Susan looks cute in her clothing but I don't always get the same effect  LOL.  I'm not buying prints these days if I can help it.  I have said this before but I have felt frumpy in some of her things and I am blaming the fabric.  Polyester can be super cheesy.

Honored Contributor

@lynda poo wrote:

DOES anyone eles think sg's clothes are  a little too dark and look old?

@lynda poo

No clothing is eveer too dark for me!  75% of my wardrobe is black.  But that's okay because I'm a NYer.  We wear a lot of black.

Re looking old ... some people just look that way ... just like some people look good in everything.  It's the peron, not the clothing.

I do have some dislikes re SG's item:

1.  Fabrics too flimsy for the roll-up sleeve and button tab.  And, the button tab is often in the wrong place.  (I cut them off - they are useless.)

2.  Fabric is too flimsy for her "stand collar."  It needs an interfacing to give it some stability ... as does the collar.

3.  Frequently, she will use a printed fabric on a garment where the reverse side is seen (for intance an open front jacket or cardigan.  And, every time the model moves you can see the wrong side of the fabric!  

4.  Her ruched turtleneck tops ... the turtleneck collar isn't faced and the side ruching elastic is scratchy as is the hem around the collar, and w/o a facing - the collar is too floppy..  Could be eaily fixed if she would use a few more inches of fabric and face the collar.

On the Plus Side:  She does make great pants.  .

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@lynda poo wrote:

DOES anyone eles think sg's clothes are  a little too dark and look old?

@lynda poo

No clothing is eveer too dark for me!  75% of my wardrobe is black.  But that's okay because I'm a NYer.  We wear a lot of black.

Re looking old ... some people just look that way ... just like some people look good in everything.  It's the peron, not the clothing.

I do have some dislikes re SG's item:

1.  Fabrics too flimsy for the roll-up sleeve and button tab.  And, the button tab is often in the wrong place.  (I cut them off - they are useless.)

2.  Fabric is too flimsy for her "stand collar."  It needs an interfacing to give it some stability ... as does the collar.

3.  Frequently, she will use a printed fabric on a garment where the reverse side is seen (for intance an open front jacket or cardigan.  And, every time the model moves you can see the wrong side of the fabric!  

4.  Her ruched turtleneck tops ... the turtleneck collar isn't faced and the side ruching elastic is scratchy as is the hem around the collar, and w/o a facing - the collar is too floppy..  Could be eaily fixed if she would use a few more inches of fabric and face the collar.

On the Plus Side:  She does make great pants.  .

About half my wardrobe is black too. Being a New Yorker I think we are just so used to a sea of black that unless I wear gray, dark shades in general I feel out of place... How often do you really see pastels in New York...the city? The one time back in the 80's I wore a pastel blue suit into the city, I felt strange the entire day. LOL

Trusted Contributor

On the positive side, her fabrics hold up forever. lol

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Respected Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I think it's all that liquid knit......

A couple of years ago, I had to see what all the hubbub about liquid knit was, so I bought a border print tunic in pinks, yellows, oranges.  I put it on and my first thought was, rubber.,... and the colors were vomitatious.  I tried to pawn it off on my mom, but she wasn't having any of it.  It sits in my closet.

Respected Contributor

Her clothes make women look very "MATURE", I guess that's a nice way of say'n it.

Price tags are matching.

Pure profit for the Q.