Respected Contributor

SUSAN GRAVER'S MIS-MATCHED SIZING !!

I ordered a top from Susan Graver , item #A267993 to be exact , in black...IT WAS FANTASTIC - so much so that I gave a rave review and decided to order another color.  I received the second top today, same size exactly - and COULDN'T HARDLY GET IT TO MEET AROUND ME.  Now, mind you - it's just been a week between those 2 orders.  Also, I received her 'milano knit' pants in a large, like the other pants I have here by Susan Graver - and I swear, there is no way in God's green earth that they are a large !  What is up with the 'Graver quality control' these days !  Someone needs to get this corrected or I won't be bothering to order her fashions anymore !

Honored Contributor

Re: SUSAN GRAVER'S MIS-MATCHED SIZING !!

It really is getting very hard to order clothing on QVC.  Not just Graver's fashions, but they all seem to have sizing all over the place (thank the manufacturer's who may have exacting specs but will often "ease back" on the actual measurements to save a quarter of an inch of fabric (multiply a quarter of an inch per garment and after 20,000 garments the manufacturer has saved a considerable amount of money!)....

What got me hooked on QVC's clothing YEARS AGO was the fact that ALL Designers had to meet one standard set of clothing sizes.  Order one Designer and it would be the exact same sizing as another Designer...  now they are all over the place and no effort is made to make the Designer's Manufacturers stick to the standard sizing....  it's a real problem and part of the reason I don't order clothing from QVC anymore no matter how tempted I am..... Woman Sad

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Any clothing that I buy in multiple colors, either on line or in stores, I make sure to try on every color.  For some bizarre reason, oft times the sizing just isn't consistent across all the colors.  

Trusted Contributor

Jackkeepoo, I don't know how off they were, but I do know that when the manufacturer cuts out your items they usually stack the material 6 to 8 inches thick, and cut it with electric scissors. Because if the thickness the bottom layers could be between 1/4 to 1/2 inch difference. That adds  up when you add that to every seam.

Honored Contributor

Last year I purchased two Denim & Co. blouses, one blue, one red, same style, same size.  I tried on the first one and perfect!  I kept that one.  The other one was marked the same size and I tried it on and I couldn't get the front buttons to meet.  It must have had a two inch difference in the sizing!  I sent that one back... *sigh*

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sometimes different cutters cut a stack, placement in the stack varies, and sometimes different contractors sew parts of an order. There are many ways that garment sizes can vary within a size. That's why sellers usually advise a 2 inch leeway between your measurements and the stated garment measurements. Sewing is an art, not a science.

Esteemed Contributor

I find this happens with many brands. I am one of those people who will by several colors in a pant or top if I REALLY like it.

I learned my lesson with D &C pants. Ordered 4 pairs and one pair were too tight. I did not try them all on when they arrived. 

Contributor

Susan, please get sizing uniform between your factories. I also feel few of us are xxs and extra small. The average American gal is 12 to 14. Why is focus on length and not bust size for tops and coats? We can visually see for ourselves the length. Sizing for EVERY item should be displayed longer on screen and in videos as well. QVC charts no help between manufacturers. I'm reading consumers are growing very weary of exchanging sizes.