Trusted Contributor

Not a fan....Smiley Surprised

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Honored Contributor

I had a black pair of stirrup pants that I wore with black studded ankle boots and a tunic sweater - now that screamed 80s fashion. I also had a pair of the boot clips for keeping the hem of my jeans in ankle boots. 

Honored Contributor

I only wore them to ski....

Esteemed Contributor

It was either in Blair or Chadwicks.  I saw them and thought about old times.  I really didn't like them THEN and I doubt I would go for them NOW.  But they caught my eye and stopped me cold, got me thinking.  Thought I would ask.  Thanks everyone for your answers.

Honored Contributor

I place them in the same catagorry as skinny jeans....they only  look good on a select few people, and will go out of style and come in style like any trendy fastion does.  

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

The polyester creating stretch lines the length of the leg was beyond horrible!

Image result for stirrup pants

Some of our favorite hucksters would say those vertical lines make you look long and lean. 

Well, these look like pleated stirrup pants from some bygone era, and it appears to be the pleats which are creating the lines. I have, in fact, read in other places that stirrup pants (in general) do create a long, lean line.

Respected Contributor

I used to wear them in the 80's. I had a black pair and a red pair. I would wear them with my high top sneakers and I would wear two pairs of the "scrunch" socks that were popular back then to coordinate with my tunic sweaters. I was eleven at the time and thought I was the bomb! 

Today, I probably wouldn't wear them unless paired with boots or booties. And no pleated ones!!!

Honored Contributor

I see the practical application for a stirrup pant but much like a fanny pack it doesn't mean I'll ever wear it.

For some reason I see Lori Goldstein in a stirrup, not being facetious, does she have one already? Because it feels like a real memory....