Respected Contributor

Re: STILL WEARING THE SAME THING TODAY!

That picture brings back high school memories!

Respected Contributor

When I went to grammar and high school, we had to wear dresses or a skirt and top - no pants allowed!!!!!

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Trusted Contributor

That's how I looked as a teenager but that's not how young girls around here dress now. I rarely see one that I think looks like she put any effort towards her appearance...clipped up hair, baggy clothes and tennis shoes. It's like they want to look unattractive.

Honored Contributor

@LuvSoCal wrote:

That's how I looked as a teenager but that's not how young girls around here dress now. I rarely see one that I think looks like she put any effort towards her appearance...clipped up hair, baggy clothes and tennis shoes. It's like they want to look unattractive.

I was in Starbucks recently and there were quite a few teens in there and yes, exactly what you described @LuvSoCal is what I saw.

Honored Contributor

@LuvSoCal   We live in a college town, so I've seen girls who look like they rolled out of bed and put a puffer coat over their PJs.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LuvSoCal wrote:

@LuvSoCal 

I suppose I should have been more clear.  I agree young people look sloppy and hopeless.  

I was thinking..."and retailers, including QVC, are selling flared pants and t-shirts to the same women who wore them in the 70's, although, they are now much older."

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@LuvSoCal   We live in a college town, so I've seen girls who look like they rolled out of bed and put a puffer coat over their PJs.

@Shanus @LuvSoCal 

So much for the laziness of today.

A few weeks ago, I saw a grown man in pj bottoms in the outdoor mall where I am a stylist.  

I would just like to see in some of these people's mind!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus @LuvSoCal 

So much for the laziness of today.

A few weeks ago, I saw a grown man in pj bottoms in the outdoor mall where I am a stylist.  

I would just like to see in some of these people's mind!

@ECBG 

I think I know ..... apparently, our country has a serious shortage of FULL LENGTH MIRRORS.   

How could anyone look at themselves in a full length mirror and then go out the door .... looking like they just rolled out of bed?    

I don't know who manufactures mirrors in the U.S., but IMO they aren't making enough to go around.

LOL

Honored Contributor

That was definitely The Look of the 1970's.  I loved my bell bottom pants and jeans. 

I graduated in 1980 and around '81 put away most of my Levis for Gloria Vanderbilt and Candies shoes.  

Gloria Vanderbilt Jeans

High Heels Candie's Shoes Vintage 1970's Size 6 Tan | Etsy ...

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG @Tinkrbl44   Many people just don't care anymore.

It is sad to see, along with schools no       longer teaching students how to read a clock, how to read and write cursive, people being obsessed with social media and losing communication skills, less interest in reading an actual book, losing the ability to spell, use proper grammar and actually construct a sentence, people in public behaving badly, aggressively and violently.

I believe that it is all part of the dumbing down of America.

Smiley Sad