Respected Contributor

Re: STEPPING OUT FOR ROYAL ASCOT

It's so nice to see people dressed so elegantly. I love all the dress colors. Thanks for sharing such lovely pictures.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell Thank you so much for showing the pictures.

That was one of a fond memory of my trip to England. 

Forgot where I was going or what hotel I was passing. BUT I was so pleased to be passing a hotel where many people were staying that were attending Royal Ascot. 

Many men were standing outside the hotel in their morning coats. It was quite a site to see well tailored, high quality fabric on the men. There were not as many women. But their dresses were so attractive and well tailored.

I always thought the men were hanging out in front of the hotel, waiting for the rest of the women to finish dressing.

I then went up to Windsor Castle and saw the Queen and Prince Philip leave to attend Royal Ascot. I was so impressed with the Queen's outfit. The fabric was a beautiful mint green and so well tailored. Guess you would expect that with the Queen.

It was such an impressive sight.

Honored Contributor

Dressing up for an event in which horses are abused, that's what was said about Kentucky Derby fashion. This is the same thing, horse racing.

"If you really want to shock the world unleash your kindness"
Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Dressing up for an event in which horses are abused, that's what was said about Kentucky Derby fashion. This is the same thing, horse racing.

The fashions are beautiful but I must agree with @Greeneyedlady21 

Regular Contributor

These pictures bring me back to when we were in Edinburgh (me, hubby, two sons) in July 2011. My son was interested in going to the University of Edinburgh. We were walking the Royal Mile, and ... I can't remember all the details 🤪 but maybe Zara and Mike Tindall had their wedding rehearsal (?) at the church that day. There were tons of people everywhere, taking pictures... I had no idea what was going on. Big commotion at the church. I saw all kinds of people. My hubby and sons did not care and walked way ahead of me...lol! We eventually ended at Holyrood House at the end of the Royal Mile... all kinds of police and security everywhere.. lol! I will have to go back and look at my notes... I kept a little "diary" of what we did each day! I was looking for the Queen but did not see her! 😬 Wish I did! 🤗

Honored Contributor

@Oznell,

Thank you for sharing these  lovely pics!

Waving American Flag On White Background Pictures, Photos, and Images for  Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, and Twitter

Respected Contributor

@Oznell thank you so much for posting these photos....so much fun for me! 

I, of course, agree with every sjngle commentary of yours! 

Honored Contributor

@cindyNC ,  I was squinting at those badges or whatever too-- they do sort of look like a version of "name tags"!

@drizzellla ,  and @JFD12 ,  what enchanting experiences you had in England and Scotland. I've never been lucky enough when abroad to have the kind of 'sightings' that you did. Reading what you wrote, I felt I was there! 

That's part of the beauty of travel, isn't it-- it puts you in different situations that you'd never normally encounter, and just "lifts" your whole perspective.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell wrote:

@cindyNC ,  I was squinting at those badges or whatever too-- they do sort of look like a version of "name tags"!

@drizzellla ,  and @JFD12 ,  what enchanting experiences you had in England and Scotland. I've never been lucky enough when abroad to have the kind of 'sightings' that you did. Reading what you wrote, I felt I was there! 

That's part of the beauty of travel, isn't it-- it puts you in different situations that you'd never normally encounter, and just "lifts" your whole perspective.

Once again it was my Aunt's suggestion. She said since the Queen was staying in Windsor Castle and going to be attending Royal Ascot, it would be so easy to see her leaving Windsor Castle.

Windsor Castle has a VERY long driveway, that the Queen's car would take. And since it is so long there are some people lining the driveway but not as many as if she were in London. And the driver knows to go very slow down the long driveway. So we all had plenty of room. And could take many snap shots of the Queen and Prince Philip.

AND I must say I thought Prince Philip was a rather good looking man. I never thought his photographs did him justice. But then again he was smiling and seemed to be enjoying the day. Guess they both were happy to be attending Royal Ascot. Maybe because her horses were racing.

windsor castle

PS - That is why my Aunt wanted me to visit when I did. I got to see the Trooping of the Colour and Royal Ascot.

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla ,  everybody needs to have a supremely helpful and savvy aunt like that, living in a country they're visiting! How lucky you were, and what a cool experience!