Valued Contributor

Because I have a medical apparatus inside the left side of my chest, (central line) I need to wear a comfortable bra to bed at night. I have been trying to find something without underwires in a sport bra.....usually the bands are too tight. I found one by Traci anderson that was fairly comfortable, but i just needed to size up one size. And of course they were all out of an XL... Ahhhh Bras are ok, but their sizing is inconsistant. I have one that is ok, and a couple of others that run small but are the same size.  I'll take any suggestions... JUST MY SIZE on the Q looks comfortable but has bad reviews as far as being too small.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SPORT BRA...NO underwires.

I had some minor surgery in that area. I find the Anybody comfort bra (which is like the AHHH bra) works for me. I sized up one size and the fit is fine. It also has the removable pads like Ahh bra which is a plus.  Mine have lasted for a long time and still look nice. Hopefully, they will work for you as well. I like that they come in sets of 2.    

Trusted Contributor

@so so  Have you looked online at Target? They seem to have a lot of options in sports bras.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@so so ,  I have a loop recorder implanted over the heart. Why bother with those oppressive bra bands around the ribcage and both shoulders while your sleeping?

Take a look at well made supportive garments designed for competitive sportswear.

I find some 'tank top' styles that come down to the waist, designed for added breast support in active sports, to be more comfortable when sleeping.

Edit-you might have to look for garments made for professional competitors.

Ultimately, it all comes down to your individual build.

Honored Contributor

@so soBecause you have a very specific need, if it's at all possible, I suggest you find a bra at a local(ish) shop.  Buy one and see how it really works after washng and wearing.

Then you'll know exactly what to look for online.

lol  That's pretty much how I buy shoes-  I have so many foot issues that I always buy locally when I want a new style.  Then I can reorder or order another color anywhere.if I find a better price.  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@so so - this is not a sports bra but I got several sets last year on As Is.  I find them very comfortable and use them for when I am doing yard work or going for a walk so I don't sweat out my "nice" bras.  I was surprised to discover they actually provide support for my D-DD cup size and are kind of pretty!  I do have to put them on by hooking in the front of me and sliding around and pulling up.  Too stretchy to easily hook around my back.  I think they would be ok for sleeping.  

https://www.qvc.com/Breezies-Set-of-Two-Soft-Support-Lace-Bras.product.A307831.html

See they still have them As Is also.

https://www.qvc.com/%22As-Is%22-Breezies-Set-of-Two-Soft-Support-Lace-Bras.product.A347872.html?sc=S...

Honored Contributor

No need to reinvent the wheel.   Check with the staff at your doctor's office, or even those who assist women who have had a mastectomy and/or reconstruction.   I'm sure it's a common problem.

I don't think you will find what you need at retail.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@so so 

The Patagonia Barely Bra might work for you. I wear them as my regular bra. It has a racer back which I like. 

They are expensive but I haven’t found anything I like better.

Thumbnail image for Color Black/Valley Flora Jacquard

ETA: They do come with thin pad inserts, but they are removeable.
Valued Contributor

yep. i think software is correct. a professional opinion is in need. thanks for the suggestions.......

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Try JunoActive website. Sports bras in sizes from XL to 6x.  I started wearing them for the first time this year and I'm 65. 

If what you purchase doesn't fit, they are excellent about exchanges. If you purchase on sale and need to exchange an item, they still honor the sale and shipping from your initial purchase. They are offered in a variety of fabrics, long line or short, various necklines, some racerback.  

bras.JPG