Super Contributor

SPINOFF from WIW Chico's boho top...

I wasn't happy with how I styled the thrifted Chico's boho blouse...didn't like it with skinnies...didn't like the espadrilles with the skinnies...didn't like the scalloped fan-like hem, which made it a little too long...too many bracelets...the usual picky MacDuff stuff. Soooooo,

Here's the original pic of outfit...

I had one of my creative light bulb moments and, even though I was sweatin' bullets the entire time, I got the scissors and bye bye scalloped fan...

I love the straight edged hem much better than the scalloped fan!

Then, I just changed up some of the styling elements and am very pleased with the result...

~Chico's necklace (one of the few bold necklaces I own)
~Diamond heart (gift from Handsome)
~SS concave, lightly hammered earrings
~Thrifted filigree Brighton bangle & old SS cuff

Blue/white striped Sam Edelman (the Franco Sarto snake print mules go well with outfit, too)

Suggestions for other ways to style this boho blouse are  welcome.  I wanted to add a third color, but couldn't make it work...any ideas?

Also, FYI: I was in Chico's yesterday returning the skinnies and tried on a new no-iron linen blouse. I was so surprised when it didn't pass my scrunch test! I asked the sales associate about it and she said many other customers were saying similar things...that this year they had to touch up the no-iron linen. A shopper standing next to me said she noticed it, too. Don't get me wrong, if you love linen and don't mind the wrinkles and ironing, it's all good, but it is not the same as previous years. Dang it!!

P.S. @Mz iMac  Did you see the pic I posted of my Handsome fashion photographer?

~~~11th Commandment: Thou shalt not quote MacDuff's ridiculously long posts; once is ridiculously long enough. Amen~~~
Respected Contributor

Re: SPINOFF from WIW Chico's boho top...

Aren't you something Miss @MacDuFF........love the new look.  I am not that daring to attempt something like that.  Everyone would know that I tried LOL.  Have a great week-end.

Honored Contributor

You are talented and creative, MacDuFF !  I like the change you made to the blouse and look.  I would assume you enjoy what you do with fashion, it shows in your posts!!!!!  Good work!

Honored Contributor

@MacDuFF    tumblr_inline_o2f0qtAtuh1t4ibi0_500.gifI love facial hair on men.

Does that answer your question?  whistling.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Super Contributor

Thanks @Hoovermom   Looong time!  Hope you are well.  I hear ya...I was sure the whole thing would unravel, so I started in the back where I could fix it if worse came to worse.  Nerve-racking I tell 'ya!

Thanks @spiderw   I might have a little bit too much time on my hands, eh?!  Fashion is fun!

@Mz iMac   Hahaha!  That's pretty much how I felt the first time I saw him!

Hope everyone is having a good week.

~~~11th Commandment: Thou shalt not quote MacDuff's ridiculously long posts; once is ridiculously long enough. Amen~~~
Esteemed Contributor

Boy it's something what some inspiration and a pair of sisscors can do!  You look amazing @MacDuFF  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think for summetime looks light and airy is the way to go.  Heavy bags and too much jewelry weighs the look down.  A pop of color with a wristlet would be cute too.  

I do like the layering of necklaces.

I love playing with my clothes and accessories.  Shopping my closet is fun for me.  I suprise myself sometimes what I find that looks great together.

Looks like you enjoy it as well.  I enjoy your pics.

Respected Contributor

@MacDuFF 

I love the power of editing!!  Great choices for the revised look, so pretty.  Trust your "eye" and do what needs to be done to get the very best look.

I do this too, and sometimes it feels "wrong" to do something like cut off a part of the beautiful lace, but what a difference.

And yes, jewelry always  can instantly change a look if you aren't thrilled with it.  That's the fun editing.  Oh yes, shoes, and bags are fun too.

Don't settle for just ok......

Esteemed Contributor

I liked the original scalloped hem, although the new look is also nice. I wouldn't have changed a thing, but there was no sense in keeping what you didn't like. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Regular Contributor

@MacDuFF 

Your update is a winner.  I liked the outfit the first time I saw it but now I love it.  I almost always remove or shorten fringe but I've never been brave enough to remove lace. I just might give it a try on a similar top of mine.

By the way this morning I watched season 5 episode 6 of DAMAGES.  Glenn Close wore that check Lafayette blouse again.  It was under a suit jacket and really didn't go.