Respected Contributor

Re: SOS: Wedding dress advice:2 nd wedding

Jackthebear, having a dress made is a possibility-but how to you find a bonafide dress maker? Do they guide you with where and what to buy in terms of fabric?

Thanks,

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

Sunny, so far, we found two Teri Jon's that are in the running: I saw a beautiful Teri Jon's s creation in navy-but it was a lighter navy: it looks like a full skirt belted at the waist with a gorgeous lace top.  I have it on my list because I love it, but I didn't think the color would work.

Guess what? She e-mailed a picture to me! 

I want to show her the other dresses others are suggesting, but I love it: it's similar to one shown in Sarina's post....this is her second time around-it's after five-I think it could work.

Oh, I'm feeling hopeful again!

Thanks,

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

Sarina, these are gorgeous!!!! I know one thing: I think we found her designer!

Thank You!

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Poodlepet2, I'm glad you think these will work. Thanks again to @Sunnyfield for the suggestion. :-)  I agree that Teri Jon gowns are the way to go. I would wear the off-the-shoulder with the bow (last dress) in a heartbeat, although the bow may overwhelm someone who is petite. Maybe it could be removed and a diamond or crystal brooch in its place. The dress is beautiful, elegant, flattering. I would urge your friend to be a little more flexible about the color. Platinum, blush, champagne are all beautiful colors for a bride.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm just wondering if Dennis Basso has his wedding collection on line for purchase> I would send him an email because he has a line at Kleinfeld's. My other thought was this--are their any local boutique dress shops in the area? We have a few in some of our upscale malls and a few in the smaller shopping plazas where I live.  I've had great luck with finding my dresses at those shops. My last thought was a seamstress to make a dress.  I know this seems to be a dying art but a few advertise in my area. I found them in the local township papers or some dry cleaners (independents) refer you to them.

Good Luck.  

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains a link.

Respected Contributor

Muttmom, I haven't heard of this one, but will check it out and see what they have!

Thanks,

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

@Poodlepet2

Check out the wedding site under anthropologie.com-

Starts at size 0- $260

Image result for Tinsley Dress $260.00 STYLE #40844250

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor