Honored Contributor

Re: SOS: Wedding dress advice:2 nd wedding

@Diamonds22 wrote:

@dex wrote:

@Poodlepet2 Try to get the attention of the poster lolakimono as she is amazing at fashion finds.

I agree to give a shout out to the poster "lolakimono". She can find most anything you want.

done upthread :-)

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Adrianna Papell at Nordstrom's.

Adrianna Papell Short Sleeve Sequin Mesh Gown (Regular & Petite)

Jenny Yoo column dress

Main Image - Jenny Yoo 'Annabelle' Convertible Tulle Column Dress

Monique Lhuillier

Main Image - Monique Lhuillier Bridesmaids Deep V-Neck Chiffon & Tulle Gown

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

About Nordstrom's, I would go up a level and ask to speak to a department manager. I can understand a store not wanting to order a dozen different styles (in one or more sizes), but if she finds one or two she loves, I think they should be willing to work with her. The "no returns, only store credit" is news to me. That doesn't sound like Nordstrom's. I think it's worth taking another approach to them because they have such a lovely selection of formal wear.

Bridesmaids dresses have a couple of advantages. For one thing,

they usually come in multiple colors, so finding mauve or a color close to it might be easier. Also, they're reasonably priced (well within her budget). 

Esteemed Contributor

@SaRina

So far, this is my favorite based on stated criteria...love SaRina's idea of a lace inset (a "must" IMHO)...does it come in size 2-4, though?  

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Super Contributor

I have a friend who attend many formal affairs in the Northeast.

She orders many dresses from Teri Jon by Rickie Freeman.  Google Teri Jon - beautiful dresses!!

Super Contributor

Forgot to add - Teri Jon also has stylists you can consult with via phone.  My friend is tiny (4'11) and curvy, so hard to fit...she uses them all the time!

Respected Contributor

Hi @MacDuff. Yep, sizes 0-12 and, shhhhhh!, it's only $63 buckaroos! I love simplicity, but I think it's a bit too plain for a bride as is, but can definitely be dressed up with jewelry and maybe a lace or beaded chiffon overlay or shawl.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Great suggestion, @Sunnyfield!  Teri Jon has some gorgeous gowns. What is so limiting for the OP's friend is that she's so small and prefers mauve. This is a stunning champagne gown, IMO:

Teri Jon by Rickie Freeman Jacquard Sheath Gown

This one also comes in light mint:

Teri Jon by Rickie Freeman Portrait Collar Ruched Gown

Platinum:

Teri Jon by Rickie Freeman Portrait Collar Jacquard Bow Gown

Honored Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

I recently ordered several dresses online Nordstroms for an upcoming event, was over $3000, no problem or questions asked when they were returned to the store.

Shop online, or in person at department and Bridal stores.

Sounds like what she wanted to order were special orders and yes, sometimes  you DO have to agree to take those.  It would be something they don't carry in store on the racks.

Respected Contributor

Sarina we saw that second dress and it's in the running: I want her to check out that 4th one: it has a little more drape than the Wang she described, but it's beautiful! Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time: you are a gem!  

Trust me-I am truly grateful to everybody here, but it sure saves me-and her-valuable time!

Thanks.

Poodlepet2