Esteemed Contributor

Re: SOFT SURROUNDINGS COMING TO CHARLOTTE, NC....

@wildcat fan

@breee

@birkin baby

@ECBG

Hello ladies...the snow in my neck of the woods has vanished...Handsome and I had coffee this morning on the deck YAY!  I'm going to drive up to Blakeney after work today and see what restaurants or cafes are nearest to JJill and Talbots. 

I just talked to the Soft Surroundings rep who gave me the following info:

Tentative Charlotte store opening = March 18th

80% of what we see in catalog or online will be in store

Plus, they have "in store exclusive" items

No shoes (boo!)

Sample bedding in store

Call Charlotte store or in-store orders = free S&H (like with PA store)

Note:  I believe PA = no tax (??)

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

@wildcat fan

@breee

@birkin baby

@ECBG

Hello ladies...the snow in my neck of the woods has vanished...Handsome and I had coffee this morning on the deck YAY!  I'm going to drive up to Blakeney after work today and see what restaurants or cafes are nearest to JJill and Talbots. 

I just talked to the Soft Surroundings rep who gave me the following info:

Tentative Charlotte store opening = March 18th

80% of what we see in catalog or online will be in store

Plus, they have "in store exclusive" items

No shoes (boo!)

Sample bedding in store

Call Charlotte store or in-store orders = free S&H (like with PA store)

Note:  I believe PA = no tax (??)

**********Oh!  I am SO jealous!  I couldn't even get out until today!  Don't you want some of my eighteen inches?

Esteemed Contributor

I'm am bummed. It is 1,325 miles from me to Charlotte! I would love to come to the SS opening, and meet y'all!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

**********Oh!  I am SO jealous!  I couldn't even get out until today!  Don't you want some of my eighteen inches?

@ECBG

No, no we're fine thankyouverymuch!  LOL!  I know you got slammed.  Bet it was beautiful, tho.  Think of it this way...by the time mid-March rolls around you should be able to shovel your way out to join us for a lunch and the SS opening!

Esteemed Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

I'm am bummed. It is 1,325 miles from me to Charlotte! I would love to come to the SS opening, and meet y'all!

@MaggieMack

What's a mere 1,325 miles!?  Hop on a jet and join us...we'd love to have you.  I can't tell you how much I wish you really could, Maggie.

Valued Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

@breee wrote:

@MacDUFF wrote:

@breee

Yes, that's where McAlister's is located.  Are you familiar with Dilworth's Coffeehouse in Matthews?

I'm closer to Novant.  Please let me know when you plan to go to Talbot's and we'll try to schedule it!  Mon and Fri are my days off work.  It would be very cool to meet you!

BTW, what is a PSL? 

Panthers are on the board.  Smiley Wink

I am closer to Novant also.  DS lives in Weddington and Blakeney is just a few miles from his home.  I am not sure where Dilworth Coffeshop is.  I am sure I can find it. Is it near Moes Original BBQ or Which Wich?   

Yea Panthers!  PSL stands for Privilege Seat License where you pay up front for the privilege to purchase season tickets every year. 

@breee

Dilworth is in downtown Matthews...somewhat near Novant.   You must miss your husband very much and going to the games every year!  What fun!   On to the Super Bowl.

Thanks, I do miss him. Sorry I have not been on the forum lately.  I had originally thought that we might could get together today but Fridays are not really good for me.   This coming Monday I have a dentist appointment, but it is in Mint Hill.  It is the only time I go to Mint Hill but he has been my dentist for so many years I would not consider changing though several new dentist offices are now much nearer! It is hard to believe that it is almost February. I am having new flooring installed in my kitchen in February so it is hard for me to know what dates will work at this time.  Plus I have another son who lives in VA who is planning a visit 2/10-2/15. He changed companies so he has planned a visit before he begins his new position. Maybe later in February we can arrange to meet. Do you ever go on the Linea Lovers forum so I could PM you?

Respected Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

@birkin baby wrote:

I just got back to this thread... watching Panthers.... Cardinals just got on the board.GRrrrrr!  I  am glad I didn't miss any meeting for the Charlotte area posters.  Tomorrow I'm going with bosses daughter to Mac makeup trial for her wedding at South park (one Mac artist is suppose to be amazing so we are trying him) and then to hair and veil trials up East Blvd.  I'm going to be the officiant at her wedding  too. Hopefully there will be lots of Panther Pride everywhere from a win tonight. 

@birkin baby

What did you think of the Mac artist and did you like any hair style or veils that you saw? 

Thank you for asking. 😀The MAC artist was great. He didn't cake on makeup or contour like a Kardashian,LOL. She looks like herself,but special. He is hired. The hair is going to be done by Just Jane and Co. Jane always does amazing hair. It is going to be a braided bun that  has  the braids  twisted into sort of  "hearts " but not obvious hearts. When the veil comes off at the reception,it will look so good.  

Honored Contributor

Ladies, droped by the store I had applied to work at on Saturday because I wanted to catch the manager.  Their phone hadn't worked as of four days before the snow, nor four days after.  I asked himwhat kind of "time frame" we were working in and he said he sent my things to corporate!  

If I have a job, I can come to Soft Surroundings!

Please cross fingers (and toes) that this comes through!  Have too much energy to sit!!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wildcat fan

@breee

@birkin baby

@ECBG

@milly1

Breee...not on LL forum...new flooring and visit from son = exciting!  I'm familiar with MH.

Birkinbaby...well, someone (or more) is going to look so beautiful at the wedding!

ECBG...the job suspense must be killin' ya!

I went to JJill last week and realized there's a restaurant called Zoe's on the opposite corner...if you are in front of Talbot's, looking across the street, JJill is on the corner to your left and Zoe's is on the corner to your right.  It looked clean and nice...prices reasonable...the women at JJill said it was a great place to eat lunch.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wildcat fan

@breee

@birkin baby

@ECBG

@milly1

Hi ladies...since no one responded, I made other plans.  Let me know if you want to meet...where and when...for the opening or shortly thereafter.  Have a great day!