Esteemed Contributor

Re: SOFT SURROUNDINGS COMING TO CHARLOTTE, NC....

[ Edited ]

Hi...catching up...

@ECBG

I tried to locate White Horse Pizza, but nothing came up.  If it's still here, IDK.  Maybe someone else knows.  If you can make it, we'll want to know all about your new position!  If you can't make it, we still want to know LOL.

@wildcat fan and anyone else in the area who would like to join us...

A new place is going up on the corner across from JJill. Talbots, and Brooks Bros...I think it's called Chopt (?  Saw it last week while at JJill).  I'm open to any place you like!

The Soft Surrounding site only has this info:  "Coming soon, Blakeney Village...opening spring 2016."  The woman I've been talking to at the KoP location, told me to call her in a few weeks and she would have more info.

What days are good for you and do you have a suggestion for place?

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

Hi! MacDuff, I'll need to get some funds before I can go shopping!  I got a call from a nice manager and didn't expect to hear from him on a Saturday, hopeing to hear from him early in the week!

If we can all meet, pick something with a big sign LOL!!!

I loved where I was from October through Christmas then the manager told me the position was "seasonal"!  I guess they pretty much have to do that to have staff!

Being in sales after thirty six years of teaching can be a stinker!  I do love to get dressed and go out every day.  Teachers are just "people" people!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

MacDuff, I just looked at Google map.  Looks like I'd take 485 to Rea Rd.  How long is it to get to Blakney from 485?  I've been to 131 Main. here.  They're ok.  Anywhere is ok with me.

131 Main's site says they do "fresh".  For lump crab cakes and asparagus it's about the going rate.  Who cares? 

We're gonna have a blast!

Esteemed Contributor

From 485 and Rea, it's no more than 5 minutes.

I hope you hear positive news about the new position soon.  

Are you saying the manager waited for 3 months before telling you the job was seasonal!!??   That's just...ugly!  There's something better out there for you!

Quite a difference between teaching and sales!

Honored Contributor

It may be best to wear a bright color of scarf to stand out or put our screen name on our jacket.

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

From 485 and Rea, it's no more than 5 minutes.

I hope you hear positive news about the new position soon.  

Are you saying the manager waited for 3 months before telling you the job was seasonal!!??   That's just...ugly!  There's something better out there for you!

Quite a difference between teaching and sales!

**********************  Thanks for your kind words.

Left my good position because of a hateful, toxic person they locked in fine jewelry with us.  She almost knocked me into a glass case "because she stepped by me to make a connection with a woman's eyes across the floor!"!!!  She's very articulate and versed in twisting words, I took the "high road", and ended up with the floor mgr threatening ME!!!  I left being the highest in sales and reported HIM to corporate and told the over all store manager about it!!  You can't threaten employees!!!

Oh!  Mapquest is telling me it's 2 hours and eleven minutes to get there!  I can see---lunches yet to come!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG I hate that you had to experience that!  Good thing you've gotten away from that position and have the chance to move on to better conditions.  Hope you get good news about the new position. 

@MacDUFF Looking ahead, I guess it depends on which day in March we want to meet.  Sunday afternoons would be good for me, and it looks like my schedule will be pretty flexible to meet any day that last week of March.  I guess we can select a date as we get closer to the grand opening.

Esteemed Contributor

@wildcat fan

@breee

@birkinbaby

@milly1

@ECBG

Hi again...wildcat, ok, if you want to wait 'til closer to the SS opening, but I was so excited that I thought we might meet for lunch and then meet again for lunch and checking out the new store.  I hate to wait for anything LOL!  But, yes, we can find out when the opening is and go from there...I'll keep checking with the woman at the KoP store and will post here when the opening is scheduled (right now, "sometime in March"). 

I notified everyone again in case they might be interested in getting together for lunch on a Sun afternoon, too. 

ECBG...have you heard anything on the new job?  In my younger days, the longest I traveled for lunch and shopping was 3 hrs from San Diego to L.A.  I don't think I could do it now LOL!  I might have to get a hotel room hahahahaha!

Looking forward to lunch and checking out SS.

Have a great day!

Valued Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

@wildcat fan

@breee

@birkin baby

@milly1

@ECBG

Hi again...wildcat, ok, if you want to wait 'til closer to the SS opening, but I was so excited that I thought we might meet for lunch and then meet again for lunch and checking out the new store.  I hate to wait for anything LOL!  But, yes, we can find out when the opening is and go from there...I'll keep checking with the woman at the KoP store and will post here when the opening is scheduled (right now, "sometime in March"). 

I notified everyone again in case they might be interested in getting together for lunch on a Sun afternoon, too. 

ECBG...have you heard anything on the new job?  In my younger days, the longest I traveled for lunch and shopping was 3 hrs from San Diego to L.A.  I don't think I could do it now LOL!  I might have to get a hotel room hahahahaha!

Have a great day!

This sounds fun.  Of course I would love to meet all of you for lunch.

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

@wildcat fan

@breee

@birkin baby

@milly1

@ECBG

Have a great day!

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!  MacDuff, thanls for asking.  He finally called last night at 7pm and my interview was at 11am today!  Really nice guy!  My former coworker and friend knows him well because the store I worked in before was one of the ways to get to the other side of the mall.  He had often stopped and asked her to work for him as he did me.  I had put her as a work reference and having been there four years, that should tell him something.

All I have to do is interview with his regional, I guess that's how things are handled.

Please everyone, keep your fingers crossed for me.  I have too much energy to sit home!