Esteemed Contributor

Re: SOFT SURROUNDINGS COMING TO CHARLOTTE, NC....

This is great news!  I was just at Blakeney Center today at Talbot's.  I look forward to the Soft Surroundings opening there.  Thanks for sharing @MacDUFF!

By the way ladies, although it's really soggy out, this is a great time to go shopping in Charlotte.  So many great sales this afternoon!  

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG

But, can you park farther away and walk?  Anthropologie is a great store, but I've never been (browse their site often, tho).

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

@wildcat fan

Was that you!!!??  LOL!

Soggy is putting it mildly...we're close to a gully washer in our yard!  I'm planning on checking out a few sales on Fri, when I hope it finally clears up.  Did you find anything at Talbot's?  I shop across the street at JJill mostly...Talbots' clothes always seem a little too small for me.

Have any of you been in L.A. East?  Trendy clothes, but I like their interesting jewelry.

The Marshalls there is the best IMO.

@milly1

@birkin baby

Valued Contributor

They were renovating the Coldwater Creek space the last time I was there.  Love Marshalls, JJill, Talbots, Off Broadway, small gift shops.  I live 5 minutes away.  I never shopped at Soft Surroundings but looked at the website and definitely will check it out.   We've had 10" of rain the past 2 weeks in our rain gauge.  I'm about ready to build an ark!!

Esteemed Contributor

@milly1

I hear ya about the ark LOL!  It's ridiculous!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't notice any other empty shops except the Coldwater Creek one so that must be the one.  I always have this superstition that if I find a parking space directly in front of Marshalls, I will find a great pair of shoes or boots  inside. LOL.  Blakeney has a great mix of stores and food plus Harris Teeter and a gas station. If Ulta would move there from Stonecrest I might just lose my mind! 😉 Tomorrow I plan to row over to Southpark mall to exchange some gifts at Nordstrom.  Ugh,this rain makes one of my favorite shopping destinations seem like such a chore.

Honored Contributor

Wow, it sounds like several of you are in that area and at the shopping mall often. Anyone thinking of planning a meet-up there to get to know each other personally as well as on this forum. That might be fun for you.
"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

I think it's got to be the old CC location. Can't think of anywhere else it could go and be ready to open by March.  Blakeney Center is becoming one of my favorite areas.  I've been thinking about making an appointment at the Blis Salon.  For a couple of years I went to the Dolce Lusso salon in Stonecrest, but the traffic was so heavy getting in and out, and the last time I went they put me with a new stylist.  That's a long story, but I haven't been back to Stonecrest since then.  😂

Yesterday my best deals were found at Nordstrom Rack off South Boulevard.  They had an additional 25% off clearance, and I found a navy Diane von Furstenberg dress for about $50.  I have a weakness for her shirt dresses, especially the rare ones that are knee length, so I couldn't pass on this one.  I also went to the Talbots Outlet off Harris Boulevard.  They had several racks at 70% off and an area of skirts for $12.99.  Most of the skirts were plaid and they reminded me of lovestoteach's Mad about Plaid thread here in Fashion.  These were running really small--maybe they had lots of returns and that's why they were clearanced due to sizing issues.  Everywhere I went coats were on sale at 50-70% off.  This is a great time to buy a coat, but I don't need one. (I had to keep telling myself that!)

Maybe I'll see some of you when Soft Surroundings opens!  It will be nice not to have to pay shipping/handling and to be able to see/try on things before I buy.

Valued Contributor

I went to Blakeney yesterday.  If CC was across from WHBM that is where it will be!  

Trusted Contributor

I like the KoP store.  I no longer have to pay their outrageous shipping charges.