Trusted Contributor

SO WHO IS ENTERING TO WIN THE NEW GILI ROMA TOTE?

Ok so I'm not on Facebook, so I tried to enter using my email address but how do you know if it went through? Now this may sound stupid but what is hashtag and how do you use it? I hear about it all the time but never knew anything about it. Guess I'm showing my age! Lol
Respected Contributor

Re: SO WHO IS ENTERING TO WIN THE NEW GILI ROMA TOTE?

You are not alone. I don't do FB either. I have seen several "win this" from different companies, and they are all "enter on FB." Been there, tried FB twice, and it just wasn't for me. I'm not joining just to enter a contest either. Guess I'm showing my age too. LOL

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Regular Contributor

I don't do Facebook either but I this is the hashtag: # all my life, it was known as the pound sign
Trusted Contributor

On 5/5/2014 2000survivor said: I don't do Facebook either but I this is the hashtag: # all my life, it was known as the pound sign
Helppppppp LOL. So you have to put in # all my life? Or just the # symbol? Really, who comes up with these things? Why can't life just be simple?
Honored Contributor

# just used to help "file" same items together, all pictures #gilitote or #cats

on a web site (like instagram) would theoretically end up on the same page.

make sense?

Trusted Contributor

I think the whole point of ""To Gather"" in QVC is to gather more information about their customers.

Esteemed Contributor

You don't need a Facebook account to have an account at toGather. You can sign up with your QVC information. This is not your forum screen name but your real name--but you can use your full first name and last name first initial if you prefer to be discreet.

You don't need to use a hash tag to enter to win a bag. Just go to the block that has the picture of the bag color you want (or go to all of them if you so desire) and click on the heart-- ("heart" the item). This will prompt you to create a collection into which this heart will go. Call it whatever you like ("my favorites" or something more creative, doesn't matter) and hit the "create" button and your hearted item will go there automatically.

At that point you're entered to win the bag. It's nice to put the hash tag and the hash tag handle (the words) into your description, but you are neither required to do that or even to write a description about why you like an item. I usually write a few words about why I'm "hearting" an item, but I'm naturally chatty!

You can add items by just clicking the heart in an item you wish to add and select either this first collection you've just created or make a new one.

toGather is really fun once you get the hang of it.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Esteemed Contributor

I do not face book either. I do not care for this line so it does not matter to me. I will not enter.

Honored Contributor

Maybe I'm missing something, but you don't need to be on Facebook to enter this giveaway.

You just have to go to toGather and use your Q information.

Regular Contributor

On 5/5/2014 Mistic said:

You are not alone. I don't do FB either. I have seen several "win this" from different companies, and they are all "enter on FB." Been there, tried FB twice, and it just wasn't for me. I'm not joining just to enter a contest either. Guess I'm showing my age too. LOL

I don't Facebook anymore either. I signed up twice from pressure from family and cancelled twice. I don't see why anyone who can email would need it. Plus, the shared information seemed to be either boring - "I have a headache today" type of thing or inappropriate things that should not be shared with the world.