Honored Contributor

New jean company in Los Angels.  Silver Lake in Los Angeles to be precise. American made.  Don't have a website yet. You can get them at Norstrom or Shopbop.  Intersting jeans.  These are slim jeans, not skinny.  29" inseam.  11.5" leg opening  Rise 11"

This one is called the Beatnik jeans

SLVRLAKE Beatnik Jeans

SLVRLAKE Beatnik Jeans

I like this one called the Lou Lou

SLVRLAKE Lou Lou Jeans

SLVRLAKE Lou Lou Jeans

Respected Contributor

My goodness that is one high waist on the Beatnik jeans. 

I like the 2nd pair as well.  I tend to favor a cropped leg and the rise is a little more moderate.

I remember ages ago, when lower rise jeans were starting to be shown (I think it was on an Oprah show actually), there were 2 British women who were talking about the rise on jeans, and how the high waisted jeans tended to make your bum look twice as big.  They were really favoring the lower rise because it made it look smaller.

Of course that was then, this is now, when bigger butts are all the rage.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

Re: SLVRLake jeans

[ Edited ]

@jellyBEAN wrote:

My goodness that is one high waist on the Beatnik jeans. 

I like the 2nd pair as well.  I tend to favor a cropped leg and the rise is a little more moderate.

I remember ages ago, when lower rise jeans were starting to be shown (I think it was on an Oprah show actually), there were 2 British women who were talking about the rise on jeans, and how the high waisted jeans tended to make your bum look twice as big.  They were really favoring the lower rise because it made it look smaller.

Of course that was then, this is now, when bigger butts are all the rage.

Maybe why I love high waist.  I've got a tiny bum.  I also have a small waist.  So I always tuck in to show it off.

Esteemed Contributor

Wait a minute!  is she wearing Jennifer Lawrence's black boots?

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

Wait a minute!  is she wearing Jennifer Lawrence's black boots?

Yep.  Couldn't wait for Black Friday.  Broke in to her house...gone!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I like a slim jean instead of a skinny. I like the one with the longer length.